upside down map

Alice Wilson

Jun 21, 2023, 5:38:07 AM6/21/23
to Biodiverse Users
Hiya - probably an easy fix - I've uploaded my occurrence data as basedata ,set the lat and long and uploaded my tree. However, the map produced is upside down? Hoping you can help!

Thanks,
Alice

Shawn Laffan

Jun 21, 2023, 6:02:09 AM6/21/23
to biodiver...@googlegroups.com
Hello Alice,

Do you mean the y-coordinates have been reversed so north is at the bottom?  Or do you mean the data have been transposed so north is to the right?

If the latter then you have likely imported geographic coordinates (latitude and longitude) without ordering the columns so longitude is first.  This is pretty easy to do given tabular data often have latitude before longitude.

Already imported data can be fixed by the "Duplicate with re-ordered axes" option under the Basedata menu.  Columns for new data can also be adjusted at import time.

If you mean the former then check your coordinate values.  If you have southern hemisphere data then the latitudes for decimal degrees should be negative values.  Degrees-Minutes-Seconds data should include an "S" e.g. "S 56 23 36".

Regards,
Shawn.

On 21/06/2023 19:38, Alice Wilson wrote:

Some people who received this message don't often get email from aojw...@gmail.com. Learn why this is important

Hiya - probably an easy fix - I've uploaded my occurrence data as basedata ,set the lat and long and uploaded my tree. However, the map produced is upside down? Hoping you can help!

Thanks,
Alice

Alice Wilson

Jun 21, 2023, 6:16:49 AM6/21/23
to Biodiverse Users
That was it - wrong order! Thanks so much for the speedy help.

Alice

Shawn Laffan

Jun 21, 2023, 6:19:38 AM6/21/23
to biodiver...@googlegroups.com, Alice Wilson