Puzzle about Biodiverse.Quick.Start.Guide.v4

Mark Dong

Sep 5, 2023, 12:00:55 AM9/5/23
to Biodiverse Users
  Hi Shawn , Your work is amazing! I see the future in this Biodiverse! However, I have encountered a little trouble in the process of studying, and I would be grateful if you could help me solve my immediate needs.

  I can't reproduce step 5.3.5 in the tutorial, after imitating your steps, I come across three things that are different from yours: firstly, the color gradient in the table on the left is 0.0204 to 0.3346, and yours is 0.0667 to 1.0000. Secondly, I can only see solid circles and no dashes at all. Finally, in "branch colouring" I only have "Branches in nbr set 1" and you are "Turnover", and I never find the "Turnover" file.
  Thanks a lot!
  Mark.

Shawn Laffan

Sep 5, 2023, 2:17:47 AM9/5/23
to biodiver...@googlegroups.com
Hello Mark,

Glad to hear you find it useful.

The dashed lines only show up when you have specified a second neighbour condition.  There is one in the first image on page 37 of the quick start guide but perhaps the phrasing should be clearer.

If you enter this text in the "Neighbour set 2" box then you should see the results as per the image.

sp_circle (radius => 500000)

Make sure the "Neighbour set 1" box is left as "sp_self_only()".

Regards,
Shawn.

On 5/09/2023 14:00, Mark Dong wrote:

You don't often get email from markl...@gmail.com. Learn why this is important

Mark Dong

Sep 6, 2023, 7:48:33 PM9/6/23
to Biodiverse Users
Hello,Shawn
Thank you very much for your help, I found out that it was due to my carelessness that caused me to forget to delete "#" in "Neighbour set2", under your careful reminder I went to re-read the content of "Neighbour set2", and now the difficulty has been solved! Really thanks.
Regards,
Mark.

Shawn Laffan

Sep 7, 2023, 5:20:53 AM9/7/23
to biodiver...@googlegroups.com
(Adding the list back in to the thread).

Good to hear it is solved.

Please do post more questions.  Understanding how users interact with the system helps design future changes, and there will always be other people who come later who will benefit from previously asked questions.

Regards,
Shawn.

On 6/09/2023 23:27, Mark Dong wrote:

You don't often get email from markl...@gmail.com. Learn why this is important

Hello,Shawn

Thank you very much for your help, I found out that it was due to my carelessness that caused me to forget to delete "#" in "Neighbour set2", under your careful reminder I went to re-read the content of "Neighbour set2", and now the difficulty has been solved! Really thanks.
Regards,
Mark.

在2023年9月5日星期二 UTC+8 14:17:47<Shawn Laffan> 写道: