Meeting at Stata - Wednesday, Aug 16th

1 view

Dan Corwin

Aug 8, 2006, 11:32:42 PM8/8/06
to BioPAX...@googlegroups.com, C.Bre...@dcs.shef.ac.uk
Many problems would get solved if curation tools
could emit metadata directly in BioPax formats.

To support this, plus NLP needs, we must model BioPAX
entities in more general (upper ontology) terms. The
current "Core" proposal, among others, addresses this:

http://biopaxwiki.org/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/ReleaseToolsProposal

I'm convening a late summer meeting, 3-6pm, in a room
TDBL, to discuss in particular tasks I hope to work
on more actively this Fall and Winter:

1) the Core proposal, and how we might best advance
it. A good start is actually already posted, in
the Wiki's topic-association pattern, which expands
readily into several key types of whole-part model -
for interactions, physical entities, pathways, pools.

2) the relationship of SW and NLP viewpoints on
"ontology". If Christopher can attend (as I do
hope!) we'd have a UK expert on NLP in our midst,
whose pending thesis (bi-directionally) relates.
Jonathon and I've worked on this too.

3) the ISMB world (assuming Joanne can model it),
and what was said that might relate to BioPAX
and cross-ontology integration. I'd like Core
to directly help this, and to articulate specific
target use cases from Brazil (or HCLS if any have
surfaced there).

Can you make it? RSVP

Dan Corwin

Jonathan Rees

Aug 10, 2006, 1:21:21 PM8/10/06
to BioPAX...@googlegroups.com, C.Bre...@dcs.shef.ac.uk

Alan Ruttenberg

Aug 10, 2006, 2:59:45 PM8/10/06
to BioPAX...@googlegroups.com
I will be there.
-Alan

Dan Corwin

Aug 14, 2006, 9:59:36 AM8/14/06
to BioPAX...@googlegroups.com, C.Bre...@dcs.shef.ac.uk
Sorry to be a pain, but I've got an unforseen work conflict that day
until 5pm. Need to reschedule it.

Jonathon, Alan, what day(s) after 8/16 you might make it instead?

Dan

zuc...@research.dfci.harvard.edu

Aug 14, 2006, 2:11:49 PM8/14/06
to BioPAX...@googlegroups.com, d...@lexikos.com, C.Bre...@dcs.shef.ac.uk
Thursday until 3pm or Friday anytime would work for me.

Jonathan Rees

Aug 15, 2006, 8:52:20 AM8/15/06
to BioPAX...@googlegroups.com, C.Bre...@dcs.shef.ac.uk
I'm open Thursday 8/17 (except for HCLS 11-12) and Friday 8/18.
I'm on vacation 8/20 to 8/27. The following week is congested, so only a maybe.
Jonathan

Dan Corwin

Aug 15, 2006, 11:32:11 AM8/15/06
to BioPAX...@googlegroups.com, C.Bre...@dcs.shef.ac.uk
I'd favor Friday @ 3 if Alan can join you/me/Jeremy, partly because
that time has traditionally worked for us.

Joanne & Christopher privately declined for this week, but I'd still
like to push on core specs - starting with OWL-friendly part-whole
models for all top-level 2.0 classes.

I have tentative Turtle models which need smart, OWL-savvy critiques.
Also hope we can define "pool" in the same way.

Dan

Alan Ruttenberg

Aug 16, 2006, 12:58:20 AM8/16/06
to BioPAX...@googlegroups.com
I think I can make it friday.

-Alan

Dan Corwin

Aug 18, 2006, 1:10:20 PM8/18/06
to BioPAX...@googlegroups.com, Alan Ruttenberg
Can you now decide? If we are meeting today, where?
RSVP all.

Dan

Alan Ruttenberg

Aug 18, 2006, 1:54:39 PM8/18/06
to Dan Corwin, BioPAX...@googlegroups.com
Yes. Jonathan's office on the third floor, or just look in the places
we usually meet.
-Alan