Unifying KEGG and BioCyc with InChI's

zuc...@research.dfci.harvard.edu

Oct 15, 2007, 5:46:40 PM10/15/07
to biopax...@googlegroups.com
Hey Michel,

> Alan, Jeremy
> Thanks! What a great analysis! Well substantiated.
> :-)

> So, is it worthwhile to scan through the pathway/reaction databases and
> enumerate which identifiers are being used?

I am inspired by your enthusiasm, and I think that unifying KEGG and
BioCyc compounds would be an excellent use case for us, enabling real
data integration to motivate our BioPAX representation. I spoke with
Peter Karp about this possibility on Friday, and I will be at SRI on
Thursday where we can discuss this further. He may be able to provide
some resources to make this happen.

Sincerely,

Jeremy

Michel Dumontier

Oct 15, 2007, 8:43:01 PM10/15/07
to BioPAX...@googlegroups.com
Cool!
   Grrr... now i wanna get out of my department meeting on Wed ;-)

Let me know what i can do to help.

-=Michel=-

Assistant Professor of Bioinformatics
http://dumontierlab.com