BioPAX Boston meeting scheduling

1 view

jonath...@gmail.com

Oct 2, 2007, 1:52:20 PM10/2/07
to BioPAX-Boston
As I am hearing significant interest in getting together, I hereby
appoint myself convener of the next meeting of the Boston area BioPAX
interest group. Agenda is to be determined, but I think some people
are interested in talking about the relation of BioPAX to OBO Foundry
and the semantic web, so maybe we can start with that.

I would like to propose a late afternoon any day next week except
Monday. Traditionally we have met Fridays at 3. Tuesday (the 9th) at 3
might be good because it can segue into the semantic web gathering.
Wednesday is less than perfect for Alan. If you choose to attempt to
have an influence, please state your availability for Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri
at 3.

Location would be the Stata Center, MIT.

It's been a while - it will be good to reconnect no matter what we end
up talking about.

Jonathan

zuc...@research.dfci.harvard.edu

Oct 2, 2007, 2:52:38 PM10/2/07
to BioPAX...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jonathan,

I'm interested. Tuesday, October 9th is my birthday, so I may have
plans, but Friday, October 12 works for me.

As far as agenda, I would say that there are a number of ideas floating
around:

Integration with OBO seems like a top priority if we want BioPAX to remain
relevant in the Bioontologies world.

Dan Corwin & I were talking a bit about gathering use case requirements
for a web application that performs Flux balance analysis on a set of
BioPAX pathways.

Policy draft of URI's and BioPAX. What should data providers name their
URI's? Currently, Biocyc uses gensyms to name their instance data. This
has some unfortunate side effects, as you can imagine.

If we come up with a coherent recommendation that would ease integration,
then data providers and data consumers would all benefit.

Semantic web show & tell: What cool new apps/demos are out from which
BioPAX could benefit

Sincerely,

Jeremy

Dan Corwin

Oct 2, 2007, 4:00:07 PM10/2/07
to BioPAX...@googlegroups.com
I'm in. Tues or Fri best.

Dan

Michel Dumontier

Oct 3, 2007, 8:23:00 AM10/3/07
to BioPAX-Boston
Jonathan,
I'm interested, but clearly i won't make it to f2f. Possible to
skype in?

-=Michel=-

On Oct 2, 1:52 pm, "jonathan.r...@gmail.com" <jonathan.r...@gmail.com>

Michel Dumontier

Oct 3, 2007, 8:24:16 AM10/3/07
to BioPAX-Boston
Oh,
And i'm available mon-thurs at 3pm

Cheers,

-=Michel=-

On Oct 3, 8:23 am, Michel Dumontier <michel.dumont...@gmail.com>

Oliver Ruebenacker

Oct 3, 2007, 8:58:10 AM10/3/07
to BioPAX...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends,

I want to come, too. Next week, any day is fine with me. In general,
I prefer Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Take care
Oliver

--
Oliver Ruebenacker, Post-Doc Researcher
Theoretical Biological Physics and Soft Statistical Mechanics

Zhenjun Hu

Oct 3, 2007, 11:46:55 AM10/3/07
to BioPAX...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys, I am working on supporting BioPAX format in our VisANT
system, I will be happy to hear the new advance of BioPAX. Anytime
except Wednesday is not good for me and I will try my best to join the
discussion.

Many thanks,

Zhenjun

Oliver Ruebenacker

Oct 8, 2007, 6:27:41 PM10/8/07
to BioPAX...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends,

When are we meeting?

Take care
Oliver

jonath...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2007, 9:10:39 PM10/8/07
to BioPAX-Boston
Sorry, I should have taken care of this earlier... looks like Thursday
afternoon will work best overall, but I need to verify one non-
conflict here at Science Commons before I can say for sure. If not
Thursday then probably Wednesday. Will let you know by midday tomorrow
(Tuesday).

Jonathan