confirmed list of people and catering details

Attila Csordas

Jul 29, 2008, 12:51:17 PM7/29/08
to bioba...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

here I collect the confirmations sent to my email and not to the BBCamp list:

Andrew Yates: not coming, deleted

Michael Nielsen: be there both days, bit late on Wednesday, about 1:30 or so;

Charles Parnot
: joins the conference on the 6th, ~4:30, Thursday, the 7th, whole day, will forward to Jamie a proposal for a short talk on OpenMacGrid, an Xgrid cluster of Macs that can be used by scientists to run computations.

Alex Bangs: be there, both days, join for dinner on the 6th. I'm local so I'm planning to drive, information on parking will be good to have at some point. If parking is really painful, I may take the train. dinner:The one that came to mind is this http://www.macpark.com/page24.htm
may be just too expensive for folks. There are many small places to eat in downtown Palo Alto so people could just break into smaller groups and go with the flow.

Dan Kaplan: I'll be there.

Mark Kaganovich: both days, vegetarian

Jeremy England: both days, vegetarian

Joseph Perla:
both days, vegan

Jason Myers: I will be there.

Cameron Neylon: Just to confirm I will be attending. I'm arriving on the evening of the 5th so may be around for DIYBio session and am staying at the Wild Palms hotel. Am interested in dinner &c on 6th and 7th. No dietary requirements.

Alexander Griekspoor:
only be present on Thursday the 7th, I will also make my donation asap.
I've no vegan/vegatarian preferences. I probably won't be able to attend a joint dinner on the 7th.

Sarah Kummerfeld : I'll be there for the Wednesday but can't make it Thursday. Please don't include me in the head count for food, I'll just bring a sandwich.

Hilary Spencer: Confirming attendance.  I would also be very interested in the joint dinner on either the 6th or the 7th.  I am also vegetarian.

attilacsordas

Jul 29, 2008, 2:17:00 PM7/29/08
to BioBarCamp
Thomas Goetz is not coming, his slot goes to Jonathan Stray (writer)

Attila
PS: he'll be there finally at SciFoo though

On Jul 29, 11:51 am, "Attila Csordas" <attilacsor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> here I collect the confirmations sent to my email and not to the BBCamp
> list:
>
> *Andrew Yates*: not coming, deleted
>
> *Michael Nielsen*: be there both days, bit late on Wednesday, about 1:30 or
> so;
> *
> Charles Parnot*: joins the conference on the 6th, ~4:30, Thursday, the 7th,
> whole day, will forward to Jamie a proposal for a short talk on OpenMacGrid,
> an Xgrid cluster of Macs that can be used by scientists to run computations.
>
> *Alex Bangs*: be there, both days, join for dinner on the 6th. I'm local so
> I'm planning to drive, information on parking will be good to have at some
> point. If parking is really painful, I may take the train. dinner:The one
> that came to mind is thishttp://www.macpark.com/page24.htm
> may be just too expensive for folks. There are many small places to eat in
> downtown Palo Alto so people could just break into smaller groups and go
> with the flow.
>
> *Dan Kaplan*: I'll be there.
>
> *Mark Kaganovich*: both days, vegetarian
>
> *Jeremy England*: both days, vegetarian
> *
> Joseph Perla: *both days, vegan
>
> *Jason Myers*: I will be there.
>
> *Cameron Neylon*: Just to confirm I will be attending. I'm arriving on the
> evening of the 5th so may be around for DIYBio session and am staying at the
> Wild Palms hotel. Am interested in dinner &c on 6th and 7th. No dietary
> requirements.
> *
> Alexander Griekspoor:* only be present on Thursday the 7th, I will also make
> my donation asap.
> I've no vegan/vegatarian preferences. I probably won't be able to attend a
> joint dinner on the 7th.
>
> *Sarah Kummerfeld* : I'll be there for the Wednesday but can't make it
> Thursday. Please don't include me in the head count for food, I'll just
> bring a sandwich.
>
> *Hilary Spencer*: Confirming attendance.  I would also be very interested in

Ricardo Vidal

Jul 29, 2008, 2:28:11 PM7/29/08
to BioBarCamp
I'll make it. Dinner on the 6th and 7th. Thanks.

attilacsordas

Jul 30, 2008, 6:18:20 PM7/30/08
to BioBarCamp, Pedro Beltrao
Rhazib Khan and Sofia Marshak are not coming:

# Silvia Santos (Ferrel lab)
# Gerry Cagney http://proteomics.ucd.ie/members.html

will attend on both days. All the other 4 people on the waiting list
have now slots for 7th, Thursday.

Attila

attilacsordas

Jul 31, 2008, 12:37:36 PM7/31/08
to BioBarCamp
From now on I edit the wiki with the collected personal info so
hopefully by next Tuesday we have a more or less finalized list of
people in terms of i.,days attending (6th only, 7th only, both days),
food preferences (vegetarian, vegan), and dinner aspirations (6th,
7th, both evenings).

Attila

On Jul 30, 4:18 pm, attilacsordas <AttilaCsor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Rhazib Khan and Sofia Marshak are not coming:
>
> # Silvia Santos (Ferrel lab)
> # Gerry Cagneyhttp://proteomics.ucd.ie/members.html

attilacsordas

Jul 31, 2008, 4:10:16 PM7/31/08
to BioBarCamp
We have now 76 people on the list and this is because many people can
only attend 1 day and the others days add up for others. As we still
have new people popping up on the waiting list I am still doing the
strict calculations due to the space restriction.

Attila

attilacsordas

Aug 3, 2008, 7:01:43 PM8/3/08
to BioBarCamp
Deepak bbgm Singh is unfortunately not coming but I'd like to say
thank you for the individual donation and for being a catalyzer early
on.

Attila

Deepak Singh

Aug 3, 2008, 9:42:29 PM8/3/08
to bioba...@googlegroups.com
I am not going to be there, but this is an event I have wanted to have happen for well over a year now, so glad to see it happen, and Attila thanks especially to you, as well as the SciBarCamp folks to really helped out with direction.

Anyhows, we better have one next year.  I plan to be there :)

Deepak

Kim

Aug 5, 2008, 2:13:12 AM8/5/08
to BioBarCamp
Attila,
I'll be there on Wed & Thurs (may leave early on Thursday). Already
RSVPd re dinner on Wednesday.
Thanks!
Kim