we need at least 2 more projectors (to rent) for BBCamp for Thursday!

Attila Csordas

Aug 3, 2008, 7:43:44 PM8/3/08
to bioba...@googlegroups.com
I had the belief that there are projectors at IFTF in every room (4?) but this belief was only supported by my memory based on my visit to IFTF earlier this year.

But as John informed me: "re: projectors, no, they are not in every room, only the main room, and perhaps one other."

But I think it is better if we have projectors in every room as even unconference sessions are usually centered around a couple of introductory slides.

So please dear local folks, would you be kind enough to help us out with 1-2 projectors for Thursday?

Much appreciated,
Attila

John Cumbers

Aug 3, 2008, 8:20:36 PM8/3/08
to bioba...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

There are 4 small conference rooms (~10 people very max in each) + 1 main room which has a projector,  + 1 small nook that could hold ~10 people too.  The main room which has a projector can be split into 3 or 4 small groups too, giving a total of 8 or 9 break out groups.  I attach a couple of photos to give you an idea.

The breakout rooms have flip charts, which can be used for outlines, I'm not sure about projector screens.  If we lack projects then large screen laptops would suffice, 10 people around one is not so bad.

However, if you have a projector then please let Attila know, if you are worried about transporting it or damage then I think there is some money left over in the budget and that we could pay for any broken bulbs or reasonable repair costs should anything unfortunate happen.  Attila or Jim can confirm.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Wed,
cheers,
John

John Cumbers, Graduate Student, SETI Institute

NASA Ames Research Center
Mail Stop 239-20, Bldg N239 Rm 371 Moffett Field, CA 94035, USA.
cell +1 (401) 523 8190, fax +1 (650) 604-1088

Graduate Program in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, and Biochemistry
Brown University, Box G-W Providence, RI, 02912, USA
IFTF1.jpg
iftf2.jpg