Parking?

1 view

Peter

Aug 2, 2008, 9:52:48 PM8/2/08
to BioBarCamp
Can anybody tell the parking situation for the BioBarCamp? Thanks.

Peter

shwu

Aug 3, 2008, 10:34:58 PM8/3/08
to BioBarCamp
As far as I know, there are a couple of parking garages, one at High
St and University which should be very close to IFTF, also one at
Cowper(?) which is a bit farther away but closer to our dinner venue
on Wed. They are free but they are 3 hr time limits (might just be
during certain hours). There are also quite a few parking lots around,
and plentiful street parking during the day, but they are also a
couple hours limit I think. If you go farther out from University into
the residential areas (3-4ish blocks) you may be able to find non-
timed parking zones though. There might also be untimed spots along
Alma (along the train tracks) but I'm not sure. All of the parking I
mentioned is free, though - no meters.

-Shirley

Alex Bangs

Aug 3, 2008, 11:03:41 PM8/3/08
to BioBarCamp
All-Day visitor parking: Downtown visitors who want to park all day
may purchase a one-day permit at the Revenue Collections desk in the
City Hall lobby or use the private pay garage located at 525
University Avenue. One-day permits cost $15 per day and are valid in
off-street parking lots and garages. City Hall is on Hamilton St.

If you don't get a permit, regular public parking areas are color
coordinated and 3 hours is the most time you can stay in one color
area. You would then have to move to another color area for the next 3
hours.

You can park at the train station and they are just a short walk away.
Or you can take the train to the Palo Alto station and it drops you
off at University and again it’s a short walk to IFTF.

I'm planning to drive the first day (for the afternoon) and will try
the train the second day.

-- Alex

shwu

Aug 4, 2008, 2:52:01 AM8/4/08
to BioBarCamp
THere is also free parking all day at the Stanford Shopping Center on
Quarry Rd. From there you can walk to downtown (maybe 15 min?) or
catch the free shuttle (A line or B line clockwise) either across from
Andronico's or at Palo Rd, which will drop you off at the Caltrain
station.

-Shirley