A Rick Moen true story?

giovanni_re

Oct 28, 2013, 11:29:34 PM10/28/13
to Rick Moen, BTG
Hi Rick.

The three primary purposes of the BerkeleyTIP group, in order, are:
Educational, productive & social.

Once upon a time, IIRC, you told some people a story.
My memory is that you indicated it was a factually true story.

I thought it was both interesting, & educational.
(Though I didn't, & couldn't, have
any way of knowing if it was true.)

The story wasn't just the proximate incident,
but also some aftermath.
Something about a Viking mother.

When in the mood, you have at times been a good raconteur.

I'm thinking that the BTIP readers might find your story educational.

If I only remember one story you've ever told,
that might be it.

Happy All Hallows.

:)

--- Join the BerkeleyTIP-Global mail list - http://groups.google.com/group/BerkTIPGlobal. All Freedom SW, HW & Culture.

Rick Moen

Oct 29, 2013, 1:25:31 AM10/29/13
to BTG
Quoting Giovanni Re (joh...@fastmail.us):

> Hi Rick.

Happy All Hallows / Samhain, though you're a few days early.

> The story wasn't just the proximate incident, but also some aftermath.
> Something about a Viking mother.

Eh, but Viking stories are depressing and usually involve somebody
dying.

Dette er den tiden på året da folk jeg bryr seg om dÞ.

Min far, min mor, min onkel Reidar, min beste og mest dyrebare venner.
Den blir svÊrt deprimerende. Kan du fortelle meg når det er januar
igjen. Tusand takk.

Looking forward to Guy Fawkes Day,
Rick, sÞnn av Arthur og Faye

giovanni_re

Oct 29, 2013, 1:42:32 PM10/29/13
to BTG, Rick Moen
Dette er en sang om en mann som hadde mye å gjøre med musikk.
Som et spørsmål om faktum, nøt et minne i mitt sinn han var.
Og en _good_ musiker, kan jeg si det.
Vel, jeg er en skrive litt brev, jeg skal sende den til min lokale DJ.
Det er en rockin liten rekord Jeg vil at min jockey å spille.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT3kCVFFLNg
33,444. 229 3

Cheers.

:)

---
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/arthur-and-faye/4a/b02/13

Arthur N. Prior and the Breakthrough of Temporal Logic
http://www.hum.au.dk/ckulturf/pages/archive/projects/ph.html

giovanni_re

Oct 29, 2013, 1:43:41 PM10/29/13
to BTG, Rick Moen

giovanni_re

Rick Moen

Oct 29, 2013, 3:59:14 PM10/29/13
to BTG
Quoting Giovanni Re (joh...@fastmail.us):

> Dette er en sang om en mann som hadde mye ᅵ gjᅵre med musikk.
> Som et spï¿œrsmï¿œl om faktum, nï¿œt et minne i mitt sinn han var.
> Og en _good_ musiker, kan jeg si det.

Machine translation will only get you so far.
Full-text matching using search engines will often take you bizarre
places in random wrong directions.

giovanni_re

Oct 29, 2013, 5:59:30 PM10/29/13
to BTG
On Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 12:59 PM, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Giovanni Re (joh...@fastmail.us):
>
> > Dette er en sang om en mann som hadde mye å gjøre med musikk.
> > Som et spørsmål om faktum, nøt et minne i mitt sinn han var.
> > Og en _good_ musiker, kan jeg si det.
>
> Machine translation will only get you so far.

That's prolly as far as i'm gonna git.

;)

> > http://www.linkedin.com/pub/arthur-and-faye/4a/b02/13
> > Arthur N. Prior and the Breakthrough of Temporal Logic
> > http://www.hum.au.dk/ckulturf/pages/archive/projects/ph.html
>
> Full-text matching using search engines will often take you bizarre
> places in random wrong directions.
>
> --
> --
> http://groups.google.com/group/BerkTIPGlobal
> ---

giovanni_re

Oct 29, 2013, 8:24:39 PM10/29/13
to BTG
On Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 12:59 PM, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Giovanni Re (joh...@fastmail.us):
>
> > Dette er en sang om en mann som hadde mye å gjøre med musikk.
> > Som et spørsmål om faktum, nøt et minne i mitt sinn han var.
> > Og en _good_ musiker, kan jeg si det.
>
> Machine translation will only get you so far.
>
> > http://www.linkedin.com/pub/arthur-and-faye/4a/b02/13
> > Arthur N. Prior and the Breakthrough of Temporal Logic
> > http://www.hum.au.dk/ckulturf/pages/archive/projects/ph.html
>
> Full-text matching using search engines will often take you bizarre
> places in random wrong directions.

& a semi-random walk down the internet.

The Logical Song - Written and Composed by Roger Hodgson - Voice of
Supertramp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQfjIw3mivc&list=PL8qChX1sumNeL1NGNQTekyhC4MR6mdtaC
3,894,138. 13,339 203

Uploaded on Aug 30, 2009
Roger Hodgson (Supertramp lead singer & songwriter) wrote this hit when
he was still in his teens, before he even met Rick

[Damn, Rick, you been keepin your history a secret?]

and co -founded Supertramp. This classic is just as relevant today as it
was when it was released. Roger won the Ivor Novello Award from The
British Academy of Composers and Songwriters for The Logical Song being
named the best song both musically and lyrically. It also has the
distinction of becoming one of the most quoted lyrics in schools.

The Logical Song is from the Breakfast in America album and on Roger's
new Classics Live CD. You can download a copy of The Logical Song at
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/clas... or treat yourself to the DVD of
this performance http://www.rogerhodgsonstore.com/cate... . Roger's
first ever DVD from one of his live solo concerts in Canada, "Take the
Long Way Home -- Live in Montreal," went Platinum in just seven weeks
and hit #1 in all of Canada and is now multi-Platinum and Gold in France
and Germany.

---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLNR4xfh1Qc&list=PL60A2C52A77FD26BF
Uploaded on Dec 23, 2007
Electric Light Orchestra performing Roll Over Beethoven on the Midnight
Special in 1973.
2,770,519. 5,105 109

3