Anyone heard from Giovanni?

Rick Moen

Feb 14, 2014, 5:20:24 AM2/14/14
to BTG
Giovanni Re's (formerly Hohn Regan's) last known e-mail addresss has for
a good long while been undeliverable. Anyone know any news about his
well-being?

----- Forwarded message from Mail Delivery System <Mailer...@linuxmafia.com> -----

Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 02:16:04 -0800
From: Mail Delivery System <Mailer...@linuxmafia.com>
To: ri...@linuxmafia.com
Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

joh...@fastmail.us
SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<joh...@fastmail.us>:
host in1-smtp.messagingengine.com [66.111.4.73]:
550 5.1.1 <joh...@fastmail.us>: Recipient address rejected:
User unknown in local recipient table

Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 02:16:01 -0800
From: Rick Moen <ri...@linuxmafia.com>
To: joh...@fastmail.us
Subject: Just checking on you

Giovanni, are you OK? Your subscriptions to a number of mailing lsits
have been lately getting disabled because mail to you is bouncing, and I
am concerned about whether you are alive and well. Please let everyone
know that you're OK.

Thanks,
Rick M.

----- End forwarded message -----

Chris Miller

Feb 15, 2014, 1:16:26 AM2/15/14
to BerkTI...@googlegroups.com
On Feb 14, 2014, at 2:20 AM, Rick Moen <ri...@linuxmafia.com> wrote:

> Giovanni Re's (formerly Hohn Regan's) last known e-mail addresss has for
> a good long while been undeliverable. Anyone know any news about his
> well-being?

The last message I have from him was to this list on 7 November 2013, about why “white” people are called ‘caucasian,’ classically in all-caps. I have heard nothing to explain the sudden and atypical communications blackout he seems to be under.

As I understand it, Fastmail is a paid email vendor. If John’s CC expired, or he forgot to update his vendor with the new card, that could explain his email accounts sudden disappearance.

In any event, I do have his phone number on hand in the event that someone feels like giving him a call.