2010 Aug 22 Sun (Today) & 31 Tues BTIP Meetings

giovanni_re

Aug 22, 2010, 4:00:12 AM8/22/10
to BTG, BTL, BerkT...@googlegroups.com
Sunday Aug 22, today, 12N-3P BTIP meeting, at UCB & online.
Tues 31 5-6P IRC & VOIP online.

=
Today, Aug 22, 12N-3P, we'll try meeting at the break room on Cory Hall
2nd Floor. If for some reason that's not doable, we'll try the Free
Speech Cafe at Moffitt Library. Come to the Hearst Street west entrance
door - that is the 2nd floor. I'll post a sheet there with my phone #
if the door is locked. Call me so I can let you in.

Please RSVP if you're coming to the in person meeting. RSVP not
necessary, but helps my planning.

=
I've been too busy to get announcements out this month, & to get the
monthly videos list together.

&, this brief announcement will have to do. <8-0

=
Hot topics:
Meetings this year at Cory or Soda hall, to be closer to the EE & CS
students, so that more might attend the meetings? - Closer for them to
drop by as their schedule permits.

KUbuntu 10.4 suitable for college students?
- networking needs wicd, & remove networkmanager-kde (sp?)
- maybe easy, & no problem.
- other issues?

Planning for BTIP outreach to non engineering students at ucb in
2010-11.
- & other begin of year planning.

BTIP -> CTIP ?
- CTIP = CaliforniaTIP
-Expand to colleges throughout California?
-Probably needs to wait for more BTIP members throughout california, so
wait till 2011-12?

One BTIP member is interested in getting a Berkeley hacker space
organized. Ala Noisebridge SF, Techshop & HackerDojo.

What are your hot topics?

== Join in the Global weekly meetings, via VOIP, about all Free SW HW & Culture