Meeting today BerkeleyTIP April 7 2012 Saturday 12N-3P @ Free Speech Movement Cafe

giovanni_re

Apr 7, 2012, 2:19:31 PM4/7/12
to BTG, BTL
First person there make a sign "BTIP". :)

I might not arrive till about 1P.

Anyone want to get the IRC channel up?

=
Hot topics:
(K)Uubuntu 12.04
Erlang global voice meeting setup?

My hot topics:
I returned my Lenovo tablet to Frys yesterday cause it had a defective
camera.
I really like the tablet convenience & light weight.
Frys has those on sale this week, $250, factory refurb, about 20 per
store.
Bad: no full function Linux distro for tablets yet
- except perhaps Ubuntu tablet sw, which I don't know anything about
yet.

I might get a Laptop or notebook instead of a tablet.

My off-topic:
I'm working on getting my Amateur Radio license.

VirginMobil (Sprint) has almost 0 reception on Grizly Peak road.
I might look to see which service has better reception there.

Your hot topics? :)

== Smartphone Debian: http://wiki.debian.org/Smartphone
Join in the Global monthly meetings, via voice, about all Free SW HW & Culture:
http://groups.google.com/group/BerkTIPGlobal - Join the mail list. :)