Rocna on a 351 banging into Bow.

jr.pe...@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2024, 2:32:15 PM (9 days ago) Jun 25
to Beneteau Owners
Hey Everyone -

Last summer a good friend (and very avid sailor) was sailing my boat and ran into some serious chop after a night at anchor. When pulling the Rocna anchor up it slammed into the bow and left a fun amount of dings and chips to repair this spring.

Aside from correcting human error I would like to explore ways to try to eliminate this potentially happening again. One option is to cover a portion of the bow in a stainless steel plate to prevent the dinging. But this does not address the root cause.

Would extending the bow roller be the right way to do this? Would love to hear how others have handled the Rocna sitting a tad too close to the boat on the standard Beneteau holder.

I liked Jeremy's approach here and may follow that but curious to see if anyone has any other ideas.

Attaching some pictures.
IMG_5922 2 Large.jpegIMG_6154 Large.jpeg

Thanks in advance!

chris evans

Jun 25, 2024, 2:42:23 PM (9 days ago) Jun 25
to benetea...@googlegroups.com

Many have overcome this issue join  beneteau 351/352 Facebook site

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1500** members and growing.

Scott Creamer

Jun 26, 2024, 11:50:53 AM (9 days ago) Jun 26
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Our club has a strict 36ft max length so I could not extend the length of my boat. So I just had sheet of Stainless steel bent and fitted to my bow with 5200.