352 Beneteau stanchions tightening

Osprey

Aug 19, 2020, 6:36:00 PM8/19/20
to Beneteau Owners
Port side stanchions need attention but getting to the nuts and bolts appears to be challenging. The galleys cabinets are blocking the bolts. Has anyone tried to work on 352 port side stanchion? It there a trick without having to remove the cabinet? Thanks!

William Pribe

Aug 20, 2020, 9:36:19 AM8/20/20
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
I have a 36.7 and this spring I removed all the stanchion bases to reseal them. I did have to gain access to some by the cabinets. Beneteau is normally very good at putting in cabinets and interior seats that you can gain access to fittings for maintenance. Look closely for countersunk screws inside the cabinets going up into some of the trim pieces. I was able to disassemble the top of the cabinets to gain access to the bases. You may still need to use a mirror to see what you are working on but it was doable.

Good Luck,

Bill Pribe

Wing Jammer 36.7

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beneteau-owners/409e65c6-ce06-4932-8d28-1cf0667aaaabo%40googlegroups.com.

--
Bill Pribe
2020 I-LYA Sail Chairman

419-349-7353 Cell
419-866-9050 Work

Mike Caudill

Aug 20, 2020, 12:14:46 PM8/20/20
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Bill, thanks!  I’ll move this project to the winter season.  Like this forum someone has always been there, done that!

Regards
Mike

Sent from my iPhone

Joker460

Aug 21, 2020, 5:08:28 PM8/21/20
to Beneteau Owners
You just have to remove the top deck over the cabinets. I believe there are 8 screws. 6 in the cabinets and 2 in the electrical access panel.

Mike Caudill

Aug 21, 2020, 5:24:26 PM8/21/20
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Outstanding advice!  Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 21, 2020, at 17:08, Joker460 <ericn...@gmail.com> wrote:

You just have to remove the top deck over the cabinets. I believe there are 8 screws. 6 in the cabinets and 2 in the electrical access panel.

Osprey

Oct 25, 2020, 1:04:31 PM10/25/20
to Beneteau Owners

Success!  As you suggested the cabinets were easy to remove and I had easy access to the stanchion bolts.  I know everyone can relate not having the correct tools for the job, and that was the correct socket.   Worse, I didn't know the socket size so I made a guess at the store and  the 22mm socket worked perfectly.  As we all know owning a sailboat, once you resolve a problem you discover another one.  Getting to the bolts I had to move the headliners and not surprised to find the cursed mold.  So the next project will be replacing the head liner throughout the boat.
IMG_8559.jpg
IMG_8560.jpg
IMG_8566.jpg

Osprey

Oct 25, 2020, 2:38:22 PM10/25/20
to Beneteau Owners
Stanchion tightening all done!  Took some effort to determine I required a 22mm socket, but happy with the results.  Did discover after removing the headliner excessive mold problem so there is my next project which includes replacement of the lifelines.
mold pic #1.jpg

Joker460

Oct 25, 2020, 5:40:17 PM10/25/20
to Beneteau Owners
You didn't ask for the size of the socket. Just how to remove the top. :)

Mike Caudill