Boom car help - need new bearings 97' Oceanis 351

jr.pe...@gmail.com

Jun 13, 2024, 10:02:59 AMJun 13
to Beneteau Owners
Hey Everyone -

VERY hard to pull out the main and I had been going up to bang it out. Quick glimpse shows I have no bearings on one side...

I am having a hard time figuring out what car this is and what to order to repair it.

Would love any thoughts from everyone here.

Thanks in advance!

Couple of pictures:
IMG_5975 Large.jpegIMG_5976 Large.jpegIMG_5978 Large.jpeg

jr.pe...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2024, 10:03:59 AMJun 14
to Beneteau Owners
Found it! Its the Long haul amiot outhaul car. Uses 86 6.4mm ball bearings. Ordered from Mcmaster-Carr.

JoeT

Jun 14, 2024, 10:04:10 AMJun 14
to Beneteau Owners
The car is the Z360E from the US Spars pre-2000 catalog. The current z360E car is slightly different but chances are the base piece is the same and uses the same bearings. Just call US Spars and they’ll get you the right stuff. They’re very friendly and helpful..
Loading the bearings is a royal PITA. They can sell you a short piece of track to put your car on for loading the balls, the bottom flange on the track section is cut off so once loaded, you can set it down into the boom slot up against the main track and just roll the car over to the track. Of course I didn’t do it that way ‘cause I like making it harder than it should be, typical Aggie engineer.

Joe T
‘06 B343
Regina Del Seni

Ben Campbell

Jun 14, 2024, 11:29:55 AMJun 14
to Beneteau Owners
I recently replaced the outhaul car on my Beneteau 31. The new US Spar car shipped on a piece of track with the bearings pre-loaded. They did not cut off the bottom flange of the track on mine, so It was a bit of an adventure getting the piece of track into the boom slot without unmounting the boom, but other than that it was painless to roll the car onto the real track.

I did have the unusual-for-me forethought to tape the car to the piece of track to avoid accidentally running it off the end while handling it. It came zip-tied to the track, but those had to go to fit it into the slot.

Ben Campbell
09 Beneteau 31 “Dancing Days”
Lewisville Lake, TX

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1500** members and growing.

signature.asc