Beneteau 343 forward hatch lens

Jess Colyer

May 22, 2024, 11:57:58 AMMay 22
to Beneteau Owners
Hi All,

My 2006 Beneteau 343 forward lens hatch cracked recently and I was under the impression that I could replace only the acryllic lens.   I've been back and forth with the local Lewmar reps and they reccommended a size 40 Medium Profile.   It looked just like it but when I tried to install it, it was just a bit too small.  The they recommended the same size but low profile.  Which was a completely different hatch.

Now they are recommending that I rip out the whole thing and install anew flange and hatch assembly.   I don't want to do that!

I have come to beleive that it could be a size 44 Medium profile.

Anybody out there have experieince with hatch covers?

Sincerely,

Jess
S/V Happy Dreamer

DAVID FLETCHER

May 22, 2024, 12:12:16 PMMay 22
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
You should be able to measure the flange widths and compare it to the sizes on the Lewmar site.

Just get the correct size. BENETEAU used Lowprofile

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 22, 2024, at 11:58 AM, Jess Colyer <jessco...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Lewmar reps and they

William Pribe

May 22, 2024, 12:28:09 PMMay 22
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jess,

I have a 2004 First 36.7 and replaced the plexiglass in my forward hatch last year. I got mine from Mauripro.com. It was a Lewmar low profile size 44. P/N LEWSPR361058990 that is the plexiglass, seal and fiction levers as an assembly. This may not be the same size as yours but they may be able to help determine what size you need.

I was very impressed with the engineering on the hatch. There is no sealer that you need. The frame comes apart after removing the screws, you install the new plexiglass in with the new seal that is attached and reinstall the screws. No messy sealer to deal with. I hope this helps.

Bill Pribe
36.7 Wing Jammer

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1500** members and growing.

Bill Pribe
2024 I-LYA Sail Chairman
2024 AYC Sail Fleet Captain
Past Commodore NCYC 2010

419-349-7353 Cell
419-866-9050 Work

Jess Colyer

May 22, 2024, 12:51:22 PMMay 22
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Bill.

That is incredibly helpful.  Thanks!.   I have already done the install of a new lens twice only to find out that it was millimeters too small.  I too was impressed with the engineering.  Just can't seem to find the right size.  I have a message out to Mauripro.

Very much appreciative.

jess

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beneteau-owners/CALzdANbc%2BvzWUovOBSMsnhgusSTy1SDS%2BJK5TvgCnpLv2u%2B2tQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Jess Colyer

May 22, 2024, 1:03:52 PMMay 22
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Thank You David!

Noted.

jess

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1500** members and growing.

BigEasy

May 22, 2024, 1:15:24 PMMay 22
to Beneteau Owners
I replaced the gasket & hinge on my hatch last year and obtained the necessary parts from Hatchmasters; however, I noted that Defender Marine offers a replacement lid, including the aluminum frame for the lid, rubber seal, & lens for a reasonable cost.  If they don't have it in stock, they should be able to order it for you.

Jess Colyer

May 22, 2024, 3:08:07 PMMay 22
to Beneteau Owners
Do you remember what size it was?   44 or 40?  Low Profile or Medium?

BigEasy

May 24, 2024, 2:31:17 PMMay 24
to Beneteau Owners
Forward hatch (V berth) is size 44 low profile
Salon hatches, 2ea. are size 20 low profile
Aft hatches, 2 ea. (head & aft berth) are size 000 low profile