My Resignation:

Steven Pusateri

Sep 9, 2008, 2:13:50 AM9/9/08
to Joke Group
My Resignation:

I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult. I have
decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of a 5 year-old
again.

I want to go to McDonald's and think that it's a four-star restaurant.

I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make a road with
rocks.

I want to think Smarties are better than money because you can eat
them.

I want to lie under a big oak tree and make lemonade with my friends on
a hot summer's day.

I want to run around with bare feet all day.

I want to bake cookies and sell them at the gate.

I want to wait for my Dad to come home from work - what is this place
called work?

I want to return to a time when life was simple. When all you knew
Were colours, numbers up to ten, (and to count higher meant lifting your
arms above your head), and nursery rhymes.

Not knowing answers didn't bother you, because you didn't know what you
didn't know and you didn't care.

You didn't have to bring home the bacon, and you didn't even have to
eat it if you didn't want to.

You spoke only the truth, didn't care who heard you have a tantrum, and
you cried when it hurt. And when it hurt, someone kissed it better and
put a Band-Aid on it.

All you knew was to be happy because you were blissfully unaware of all
the things that now make you worried or upset.

I want to think the world is fair. That everyone is honest and good.

I want to believe that anything is possible.

I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly
excited about the little things again.

I want to live simple again. I don't want my day to consist of
deadlines, computer crashes, mountains of paperwork, depressing news,
how to survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank,
doctor bills, other bills, gossip, Illness and loss of loved ones.

I want to believe in Father Christmas, the Easter bunny, the tooth
fairy, the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, justice, peace,
dreams, the imagination, mankind, and flying a kite.

So. Here's my cheque book and my car keys, my office keys, my credit
card bills and all my statements. I am officially resigning from
adulthood.

And if you want to discuss this further, you'll have to catch me first,
cause...Tag! You're it.

-Steven

Evil fine print: for any funny images on the web. go to www.beefgir.com.
For a collection of email jokes go to http://groups.google.com/group/BeefGir