Lake to Lake Sports Car Ramble

Casey/Seneca Saw Works

Mar 19, 2009, 2:53:32 PM3/19/09
to SBD Group, SBD INFO, NYIce...@googlegroups.com, Glen SCCA Info Only, Glen Solo Group, Batavia Karters, Vintage Ice Racers Group

March 18, 2009

Calling ALL Stone Bridge Drivers’ Cars, Drivers, Mechanics, and Motorsports Ladies and Gentlemen.

Get ready for the Lake to Lake Sports Car Ramble

Have you heard about the Watkins Glen Grand Prix Festivals’ Spring Driving Event on Friday June 5th? It is sponsored by Watkins Glen International    http://www.theglen.com/   and it’s a full day of sports and classic car driving, topped with a superb dinner at The Glen’s Crown Royal Club (which will be located in the Tower Suites B and C) and includes weekend race tickets. (Note: Track activities are on Friday & Saturday only, with the track being closed on that Sunday.)

I’m telling you, here’s one of the best values in the Motorsports world for two people and their special machine.  Just think; you’re driving your favorite ride on the world famous Watkins Glen International Track, What did I say? Yes, Of course, I said this event includes On-track laps too!   All for the price of $100.

Better hurry, sign-up now, this event is truly one of the best non-competitive driving events in the world.

Continuing with our new format from last year, we’ve boosted the Stone Bridge Driver experience with an official “Drivers Meeting” and a New Rallye Route.  You’ll start your day with us at the world famous WGI race track for registration, followed by the thrill of actual On-track laps, then a spectacular picturesque and challenging Cross-Country Fun Rallye, topped with cocktails and dinner in the evening at the Tower Suites (Crown Royal Club).  What a magnificent day for YOU, the “Stone Bridge Driver”.

You will be treated as  our “distinguished special guests”, and we know you will enjoy a great time having fun with your sport or classic car here at Watkins Glen International and the Finger Lakes Wine Region of New York State.

The day’s tentative schedule is as follows:

12: OO Noon          Arrival & Registration – Watkins Glen International – Gate 2 (Main Gate)

1:30 PM                 Stage for “Track Laps” – WGI, Turn 1

1:55 PM                 Start “Track Laps” (On Track – Baker)

2:15 PM                 End “Track Laps” (Off Track – Baker North)

2:15 PM                 Grid for beginning of Lake to Lake Ramble (Behind Red/White/Blue Grandstands)

2:30 – 5:30 PM      Lake to Lake Sports Car Ramble

6:00 PM                Cocktails and Dinner - Watkins Glen International, Tower Suites B & C (The Crown Royal Club)

Please keep in mind that your registration fee covers you and only one guest. Be sure to bring your favorite navigator! But be advised that we will not be able to accommodate more than 2 persons per vehicle for the evening dinner at the track.

For directions to Watkins Glen International, check out the website at http://www.theglen.com.  Or give Carole a call at Watkins Glen Promotions, 607-535-3003, and she will help you.

Also, follow our web site http://www.grandprixfestival.com/ for more information on how to have fun with sports and classic cars on Friday September 11, 2009. The Lake to Lake Sports Car Ramble is produced by the same volunteer staff that produces the Grand Prix Festival of Watkins Glen. We look forward to a great day together!

See you on June 5th!!

Carl

Carl Benson, Event Chair