Hack for LA December 7-8!

Catherine Geanuracos

Nov 12, 2013, 6:31:34 PM11/12/13
to barc...@googlegroups.com
Hello BarCampers -

Just wanted to make sure you've heard that we're doing our second Hack for LA event...We're excited to be hosting our second hackathon at Occidental College on December 7th & 8th and would love for you to attend, as well as your help spreading the word!

Not sure if you're aware, but our June event was a huge success with 450+ attendees, Eric Garcetti as the speaker, and Will.i.am helping us promote the event. You can read more about it here.  This time we've got great sponsors lined up and close to $15K in prizes (and counting)

Through civic hacking and open data, we're rallying the LA tech community to help make LA a better city to live, and we can use all the help we can! Here are some ways in which you can help us out:

- Register and attend! http://www.hackforla.org/hackathon_signup
- List it on your event calendar (if you have one)
- Share it with your members/community via email
- Share it via social media (pre-written tweets below)

We're looking for hackers, designers, idea people, mentors, speakers, sponsors, and volunteers! They can all register here for free: http://www.hackforla.org/hackathon_signup

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out :)

THANK YOU!

Let's make LA better! Join @HackForLA, the largest civic hackathon in LA happening December 7th & 8th! Register here: http://bit.ly/1bWoLRF

LA's largest civic hackathon is coming back Dec 7th & 8th at @HackforLA! Close to $15K in prizes! Register here: http://bit.ly/1bWoLRF

--

Catherine Geanuracos
New Economy Campaigns: Digital strategy for social good