Hack for LA! City Hall May 31-June 1

Catherine Geanuracos

May 8, 2014, 5:13:08 PM5/8/14
to barc...@googlegroups.com
Hello Barcampers!

We are thrilled to announce that registration is open for our next Hack for LA event on May 31 and June 1 at beautiful Los Angeles City Hall. Mayor Garcetti will be kicking off Hack for LA and a new #techLA conference on Saturday morning!  We're excited that the following organizations are already signed on as event partners and sponsors:

i.am.angel Foundation, ESRI, Google, SAS, Office of Mayor Eric Garcetti, Los Angeles Information Technology Agency, Control Panel LA, and more to come!

As always, we will have some amazing judges, mentors and speakers.  We'll be announcing the specific prizes and challenges for this event soon (we've already got $10K in prizes!).  We also need volunteer developer mentors and support volunteers, please let us know if you'd like to help out on the registration page.

A new conference: #techLA: A Technology and Innovation Conference at Los Angeles City Hall will happen on Saturday and feature panels on autonomous vehicles, big data, visualization, the digital divides, alternative reality games, and civic innovation. It will include speakers and panelists from UCLA, USC, Morphosis, Factual, and other leading companies and institutions from across Los Angeles, and is a great way to participate for nontechnical folks.  Register for the conference at http://techla.eventbrite.com

Developers, designers, and idea folks: please register for our next Hack for LA event on May 31 and June 1 at City Hall today!

We can't wait to see you at Hack for LA and #techLA!

--

Catherine Geanuracos
New Economy Campaigns: Digital strategy for social good