Ride photos

Praveen M / ಪ್ರವೀಣ್

Aug 17, 2022, 7:52:01 AM8/17/22
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Tried to post everything here in the group itself, but got the message that the post is too long (photos mostly, not text!!).

So put it in the usual place:

Praveen M / ಪ್ರವೀಣ್

Aug 26, 2022, 5:23:17 AM8/26/22
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Just finished the last part of this trip and here is an update. It was crazy in many ways!

Parag Patankar

Aug 26, 2022, 6:58:38 AM8/26/22
to Praveen M / ಪ್ರವೀಣ್, bangalore-bikers
Beautiful ride and pics Praveen, thanks for sharing.
Can you please post the G-Maps references to the parts you rode, so we can try it some time too ?

And with all the rain and slush, what did you do to keep the drive train clean ? I have spent too much tome cleaning the bike after my recent rides, so am wondering if there is a better way to quickly clean the drivetrain ?

--
Biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)
bangalorebikersclub.com

Praveen M / ಪ್ರವೀಣ್

Aug 26, 2022, 1:35:57 PM8/26/22
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Thank you Parag. I will post the route tomorrow. just got home.

Secret to my clean drive-train is simple: BOTS :-)) . I don't ride this bike much and only use it when I come here. So before and after my rides, I take it to BOTS and get it checked/tuned/serviced. After my rides, this bike will not be used for months as I don't live here in BLR.

But I can imagine the difficulty of maintaining the bike for someone who regularly rides here. sorry I do not have DIY solution.

May be next time, if anyone wants to ride around in this region, we can sync up and ride together. I don't mind riding in the same region again & again & again :-)

db

Aug 27, 2022, 4:37:31 PM8/27/22
to Bangalore Bikers Club

Great post and pics, Praveen; as always.  Would be great to do some rides together... you seem to have lot of local connect in some of these parts. :)

It would be good to have a database of places to stay, and some local logistics for cyclists.  So people can ride more 'easily' in these parts.  Have done some plan-as-you-go tours; worked out ok, just that many times I would spend ~2 hours every day, figuring out, and finalising stays.  Used MakeMyTrip / Oyo / AirBnB / Google Maps Hotels, to find places.  If we can build a trust network -- of travellers (back/bike packers) & stay providers -- finalising stays etc. could be faster/easier.

tc,  -{db}.
.
.

Praveen M / ಪ್ರವೀಣ್

Aug 28, 2022, 12:50:21 PM8/28/22
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Thanks DB. Sure, we can do some rides. Will inform next time.
Also updated the routes in the blog.
These days routes and stays can be found in googlemaps and the network coverage is very good now. So it has become a lot easier.
So having another database might be redundant and it also needs updates & maintenance. Just my view.

-Praveen