Suggestions on helmets

juny wilfred

Mar 4, 2022, 6:47:03 AM3/4/22
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Hi
I wanted to request for suggestion on getting a cycling helmet.

1 - Are the ones from Decathlon the best option?

2 - What is a good economic-price to target, the helmet still being safe for Bangalore conditions?
Can you suggest a brand/s that fits this bracket?

3 - What brands are the popular ones amongst the safest options? Approximately what would be the high price for these?

Thank you
June

db

Mar 26, 2022, 7:33:21 PM3/26/22
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Decathlon has nice/budget option helmets.  But Idon't think they have anything that gets into hi-tech stuff.

Prowell had good helmets, which I would say were a good option for regular riders, who were budget conscious.  Used to be under rs2K, but has gone to rs2.5K, i think.  I suppose they continue to make the quality helmets, which I last used ~3yrs back.

Beyond the rs3K price would be the start of the hi-tech range, IMO.  I have been using Giro MPS, for past ~2-3yrs.  Priced at rs6K+.  You will need to look into tbe specs of each of the hi-tech helmrts, to understand what features they have.  If you check various cycle shops in BLR, am guessing you'll find helmets upto rs15K-20K.

-{db}.

juny wilfred

Mar 27, 2022, 1:01:52 PM3/27/22
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Thank you very much - this is extremely helpful.
I have one further question.
Are the Decathlon helmets the best option for a 4 year old?
Are there safer options that I can look at, with a slightly higher budget - but with a much higher safety factor considering a child ?
Thanks again for the information.

Regards
Juny

Basanta Kr. Bhattarai

Mar 27, 2022, 3:00:15 PM3/27/22
to juny wilfred, Bangalore Bikers Club
Hi There,

I bought the oxelo inline skateboarding helmet from Decathlon for my son when he was around 3. He is 7 now and still using it for cycling.  Very sturdy and safe. Had quite a few falls on hard surfaces and it worked well. Here is the link.

Best Regards

--
Biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)
bangalorebikersclub.com

Basanta K. Bhattarai

juny k wilfred

Mar 28, 2022, 12:24:48 PM3/28/22
to Basanta Kr. Bhattarai, Bangalore Bikers Club
Yed, thank you very much.