Nandi parking and logistics

Ashwatha

Jul 14, 2022, 4:03:48 AM7/14/22
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Hi all,

Is Nandi open for cycling these days? I am planning to park my car somewhere near the base and ride to Nandi this weekend. Has anyone done that recently? Is the traffic bad during the morning (7.30 am and thereabouts)?

For anyone who did that recently, where did you park? Any info is helpful - thanks!

--Ashwatha.

Sushmita Chaturvedi

Jul 14, 2022, 7:45:27 AM7/14/22
to Ashwatha, Bangalore Bikers Club
Good afternoon folks

Cycling trails in and around Marathahalli?

Regards
Dr. Sushmita Chaturvedi

--
Biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)
bangalorebikersclub.com

db

Jul 15, 2022, 6:41:07 PM7/15/22
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Hello Sushmita... can you pls re-post your query as a new post?  So it can be tracked separately.   Have suggestions for routes around Marathahalli... will reply once you re-post.

rgds,  -{db}.
.
.

db

Jul 15, 2022, 7:06:48 PM7/15/22
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Have not been to Nandi Hills recently... others can comment on 'current' conditions.

Generally... if you want to 'warm up' before then Nandi Hills climb, you can park at the Nandi Upachar restaurant --
-- and ride from there.

You could also take a airport volvo to Sadahalli gate (McDonalds, before airport toll gate) as well, and ride from there --

You can take a left there, and take the Sadahalli mani road, via Club Cabana, towards Nandi Hills (look for inside roads to reach Heggadahalli; some very beautiful sections there), or ride towards Nandi Upachar, and take that left.

On the way back, if you again want to take an airport volvo, the stops on the main road can be tricky... airport vovlo drivers are_not expecting anyone to board the bus for the initial sections.  So they might_not stop at some of the designated stops.  You could try going to the aiport and taking the bus from there; check beforehand if they allow cyclists go to the parking lot / bus area.  (otherwise, it will depend on the security officer on duty.)  Or ride a bit towards Hebbal, and then the chances of the volvo buses stopping, should be better. :)  That was my experience ~2yrs back.

-{db}.
.
.

Chidambaran S( Chiddu)

Jul 23, 2022, 7:17:52 AM7/23/22
to Bangalore Bikers Club
You should be able to park at the base outside any of the eateries. However I believe it would be better if you go during a weekday

Jaikant Kumaran

Jul 24, 2022, 2:06:18 AM7/24/22
to Chidambaran S( Chiddu), Bangalore Bikers Club
Weekdays is surely recommended.
Jam near 37th curve today.

--
Biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)
bangalorebikersclub.com
---
20220724_110353.jpg