Homecoming Week Activities

1 view

Spencer Ammermon

Oct 8, 2018, 7:19:38 PM10/8/18
to byu...@googlegroups.com
Good evening everyone! I just wanted to give some more updates on the activities coming up this week:

BYUARC Event sign up sheet:

BYUARC Signup sheet

Hike and Light the Y-
I would like everyone to meet at the south end of the Law Library at 5.45 PM. The shuttles will be starting at 6.00 and we need to be one of the first shuttles to the trailhead so we can be there before all the students get there. I have made sure that we can get a ride in an ATV up the mountain if you have a position at or near the top (unless you want to hike, that's cool too). We still need someone willing to do the director shadow position that is willing to hike the Y- see the signup sheet for details.

Homecoming Parade-
There are still many positions that need to be filled for this, so please spread the word! The first priority is to get the Announcement Stations filled. These are essential because if any changes to the parade schedule are made, (i.e. a float is missing, change float order, etc...) we are the way the announcers will know to make the change. There are other positions that still need to be filled, and I have highlighted them in red as the essential positions. We still need six (6) operators for the HC parade.

Also as a side note- we have been trying to make our Thursday night nets a bit more interesting. We have started doing trivia questions from the General Class question pool to help our techs on the path to upgrading- and this has been such a great refresher for me. If you haven't been checking in regularly I invite you to do so. The more hams we get to check in and contribute, the better the net is for everyone.

Thanks for reading my long-ish email!
-Spencer Ammermon
BYUARC President