Decision Model and Notation (DMN) - Aggregation of List Data

ghdunn

Jan 7, 2019, 2:15:28 AM1/7/19
to BPMN Forum
I am just getting to grips with Decision Model and Notation (DMN) but can't seem to overcome what would seem to be a simple problem.

I am using Trisotech DMN Modeler, but can't model an input list..for example, athletics results:

Competitor,Jump,Height
A,1,182cm
A,2,175cm
A,3,192cm
B,1,172cm
B,2,185cm
B,3,193cm
C...etc

In SQL I would simply rank the max heights grouped on competitor to decide on my results

I have been trying to create a datatype of my three columns:
Results.Competitor - string
Results.Attempt - number
Results.Height - number

and then a decision logic literal expression something like how I would do it in SQL:

SELECT Results.Competitor, Max(Results.Height) AS MaxOfHeight
FROM Results
GROUP BY Results.Competitor
ORDER BY Max(Results.Height) DESC;

Can I model this elegantly in DMN?