First BPMN

João Santos

Jun 12, 2019, 9:42:04 PM6/12/19
to BPMN Forum

hello, I'm starting with BPMN, and I don't know if I'm doing well, , could you help me if this picture has something it's is not allow or it's not best practises

Pricelist.PNG

Per Jakobsen

Jun 14, 2019, 11:53:23 AM6/14/19
to BPMN Forum
It's a good start :)

1) You do not have to end each Lane in an End-event. For instance, after "Release Price List" you start executing two threads in parallel, of which one is ended immediately - No point in doing that.

2) I don't see the reason for the Intermediate Event at start of "Customer Care".

3) The merge at the Send Message before "Release Pricelist" is not good. It is read like there is an Exclusive Gateway merge just before which has a "Pass-through" semantics. This basically means that each of the parallel incoming sequences sends a Message and then "Release Pricelist" (both are done three times), which is probably not what you mean. You will likely need a Parallel Gateway merge just before the Send Message. That will ensure that the three incoming sequences will all complete before continuing.

4) Although, writing "Is OK?", "Yes" and "No" at exclusive/inclusive gateways is completely valid, my personal preference is to phrase the outgoing sequence with the entire condition like: "Price list Ok" and "Price list not ok" and drop the text at the gateway, I find it more fluent to read through the diagram that way. But again, it's a personal preference :)

~Per

Lol Lol

Jun 14, 2019, 11:53:34 AM6/14/19
to BPMN Forum
Hi, everything looks fine, just make sure you put some kind of description in the intermediate event's so that everyone can understand the flow when you show them.