Status of Chapter Creation Work

1 view

missan

Mar 31, 2008, 2:51:41 AM3/31/08
to Bagladesh Open School
Dear Participants,
If you receive this mail, kindly hit the reply button and let us know
the progress you have mede so far in the development of the lessons.

with regards, Sanjaya

Alinoor Rahman

Mar 31, 2008, 6:32:52 AM3/31/08
to BO...@googlegroups.com
Dear Missan
Please be informed that faculty members were highly busy with the exam work and organizining the JSC Tutor Conference. They already finished the chapter and hopfully they will be able to upload the next two days. In addition, internet service was non-functioning in the school and I asked them to do the work at the Cyber Cafe.

Thanks for your cooperation

Prof. Dr. Md. Alinoor Rahman
Dean
Open School

santosh panda

Mar 31, 2008, 7:36:53 AM3/31/08
to bo...@googlegroups.com
Dear Alinoor:

Hi. How are you doing? Hope you are fine and doing well. It is good news that all have finished working on their units, and should upload to the Wiki too. This is important since we can follow it up at the April 26-30 workshop too, and see some time is devoted to this aspect also. Dr Mishra is working hard to see that all the full-fledged units are uploaded to the Wiki fast.

Please also advise us, since the next workshop will be devoted to largely on 'Assessment and Evaluation', what expectations / objectives you want to achieve through this workshop? This will help us prepare for it, as also email some pre-workshop materials for colleagues to read/work before the workshop.

Regards to Mizanoor, Amirul, Sabina, Zobaida, Tapanda, and all other colleagues--we very much remember them.

Warm regards.
Santosh

Santosh Panda, PhD,

Professor of Distance Education & Director,

Staff Training & Research Institute of Distance Education,

Indira Gandhi National Open University,

New Delhi 110068, India. www.ignou.ac.in/institute/profpanda/FINAL/Home.htm

Phone:+91-11-29535399; Fax: +91-11-29533073; Home: +91-11-29535954

Chief Editor: Indian Journal of Open Learning www.ignou.ac.in/IJOL/Home.htm

Economics of Distance and Online Learning (Routledge 2008)  http://www.routledge.com/9780415963886

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 03:32:52 -0700
From: alino...@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Status of Chapter Creation Work
To: BO...@googlegroups.com
Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.</a

mizanoor rahman

Mar 31, 2008, 11:00:54 AM3/31/08
to BO...@googlegroups.com
Dear Prof. Santosh,
How are you? Following topic can be covered in the 2nd f2f session:
  • theoritical aspects of test, examination and evaluation
  • some case studies on the above
  • MCQs, esay type questions,
  • How to make assignment question?
  • preparing assingnments
  • assignment feedback process
  • ICT based evaluation
  • evaluation in m-learning
I would like the hand on activities in the workshop.

Regards

Mizan
Try it now.</a

Sanjaya Mishra

Apr 1, 2008, 12:29:34 AM4/1/08
to BO...@googlegroups.com
Dear Prof. Panda and others,
While it is good to focus on the 'assessment and evaluation' aspects
in the next F2F workshop, I would strongly recommend that you keep at
least 2 days for review of each of the lessons developed vis-a-vis the
principles of self-learning materials. As online resource person, I
can see that the principles of self-learning material are yet to be
internalized by many participants and definitely needs re-emphasis. Of
course, I am looking at what they have uploaded during the first f2f
workshop. I hope things have changed since then, and as we are told,
they have all developed materials, hopefully, on the principles of
self-leanring materials. But, as we have not been able to provide
comments, it is essential that review be kept in the schedule as an
important component covering significant time.

with regards, Sanjaya

Sanjaya Mishra
Online Resource Person

--
Sanjaya Mishra, PhD
Reader in Distance Education
Institute of Distance Education
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Maidan Garhi, New Delhi 110068
INDIA
Alternate email: sanjay...@hotmail.com
My blog: http://teachknowlogist.blogspot.com
My websiteL http://www.learningindia.net/sm/CV.htm

mizanoor rahman

Apr 1, 2008, 1:36:36 AM4/1/08
to BO...@googlegroups.com, kutu...@yahoo.com
Dear Missan,
Please include the following name as participant because he participated in the first f2f session and did well. We orient him on wiki and finished his unit.

Mohd. Kutub Uddin
Lecturer, Islamic Studies
Open School
Bangladesh Open University
Gazipur 1705
Bangladesh
Tel. 01711 263 785

Regards

Mizan

Sanjaya Mishra <sanjayami...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Prof. Panda and others,
While it is good to focus on the 'assessment and evaluation' aspects
in the next F2F workshop, I would strongly recommend that you keep at
least 2 days for review of each of the lessons developed vis-a-vis the
principles of self-learning materials. As online resource person, I
can see that the principles of self-learning material are yet to be
internalized by many participants and definitely needs re-emphasis. Of
course, I am looking at what they have uploaded during the first f2f
workshop. I hope things have changed since then, and as we are told,
they have all developed materials, hopefully, on the principles of
self-leanring materials. But, as we have not been able to provide
comments, it is essential that review be kept in the schedule as an
important component covering significant time.

with regards, Sanjaya

Sanjaya Mishra
Online Resource Person

> missan wrote:
>

> Dear Participants,
> If you receive this mail, kindly hit the reply button and let us know
> the progress you have mede so far in the development of the lessons.
>
> with regards, Sanjaya
> ________________________________
> now.> ________________________________

> No Cost - Get a month of Blockbuster Total Access now. Sweet deal for Yahoo!
> users and friendsNo Cost - Get a month of Blockbuster Total Access now.
> Sweet deal for Yahoo! users and friends

--
Sanjaya Mishra, PhD
Reader in Distance Education
Staff Training and Research
Institute of Distance Education
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Maidan Garhi, New Delhi 110068
INDIA
Alternate email: sanjay...@hotmail.com
My blog: http://teachknowlogist.blogspot.com
My websiteL http://www.learningindia.net/sm/CV.htm

santosh panda

Apr 1, 2008, 2:10:55 AM4/1/08
to bo...@googlegroups.com
Dear Missan:

Well sai--I do agree to this; therefore, I had noted that stock taking and some more work will be done on SLMD at the 2nd workshop indeed. Let's work out the 5-days schedule--I amd Prof Murthy will do so for your comments and other colleagues.

warmest...Santosh

Santosh Panda, PhD,

Professor of Distance Education & Director,

Staff Training & Research Institute of Distance Education,

Indira Gandhi National Open University,

New Delhi 110068, India. www.ignou.ac.in/institute/profpanda/FINAL/Home.htm

Phone:+91-11-29535399; Fax: +91-11-29533073; Home: +91-11-29535954

Chief Editor: Indian Journal of Open Learning www.ignou.ac.in/IJOL/Home.htm

Economics of Distance and Online Learning (Routledge 2008)  http://www.routledge.com/9780415963886

> Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 09:59:34 +0530
> From: sanjayami...@gmail.com
> To: BO...@googlegroups.com

santosh panda

Apr 1, 2008, 2:18:11 AM4/1/08
to bo...@googlegroups.com

Dear Missan:

Well said--I do agree to this; therefore, I had noted that stock taking and some more work will be done on SLMD at the 2nd workshop indeed. Let's work out the 5-days schedule--I and Prof Murthy will do so for your comments and other colleagues.

warmest...Santosh

MD. ABDUL KARIM

Apr 1, 2008, 5:55:15 AM4/1/08
to BO...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dr. Mishra,
It's Dr. Karim, already been completed the leasson.

With best regards

===============================
M Abdul Karim, Ph.D.
Associate Professor

Open School
Bangladesh Open University

Gazipur-1705
Tel: 88-02-9291101-4, Ext. 358
Fax: 88-02-92291122
===============================

mizanoor rahman

Apr 1, 2008, 7:48:23 AM4/1/08
to BO...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mishra,
everybody is being pushed to finish the chapter.

Regards

Mizan

"MD. ABDUL KARIM" <maka...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Dear Dr. Mishra,
It's Dr. Karim, already been completed the leasson.

With best regards

===============================
M Abdul Karim, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Open School
Bangladesh Open University
Gazipur-1705
Tel: 88-02-9291101-4, Ext. 358
Fax: 88-02-92291122
===============================

tasrun jahan

Apr 1, 2008, 1:41:13 PM4/1/08
to BO...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mishra

I could not reply in time due to my sickness and some unavoidable situation. My unit has completed today. When I was posting that unit in wikieducator, I found that it was not saved.I didnot find any change in 'My Contributions' after 20th February, 2008.Please give me some directions.

regards
Tasrun

mizanoor rahman

Apr 1, 2008, 2:16:05 PM4/1/08
to BO...@googlegroups.com
thanks tasrun for finishing chapter. we will have a look tomorrow at the Uni; no worries for uploading; we have missan to hep us.

mizan

MD. ABDUL KARIM

Apr 2, 2008, 12:39:24 AM4/2/08
to BO...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dr. Panda,
Thanks for your mail regarding the 2nd F2F workshop hopefully will be held
26-30 April, 2008. Have a chance to see each other further.

With best regards.

Abdul Karim

===========================
M Abdul Karim, Ph.D.
Associate Professor

Bangladesh Open University
Gazipur-1705
Tel: 88-02-9291101-4, Ext. 358

Fax: 88-02-9291122
==============================

mahinda rajapakse

Apr 2, 2008, 12:54:02 AM4/2/08
to bo...@googlegroups.com

I have already finished my learning material. Raja

> Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 23:51:41 -0700
> Subject: Status of Chapter Creation Work
> From: sanjayami...@gmail.com
> To: BO...@googlegroups.com

Discover the new Windows Vista

mahinda rajapakse

Apr 2, 2008, 4:25:41 AM4/2/08
to bo...@googlegroups.com

I have already created my learning material. Thank you.

> Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 23:51:41 -0700
> Subject: Status of Chapter Creation Work
> From: sanjayami...@gmail.com
> To: BO...@googlegroups.com

frances

Apr 2, 2008, 2:53:45 PM4/2/08
to Bagladesh Open School
Dear Participants,
As we are planning the agenda for the next workshop I would like to
concur with Santosh that it is very important to upload the material
soonest.In the meantime I would like to hear from everyone why the
participation was not as expected? Please let us know what challenges
you are facing with the technology.We would like to support you, but
can unfortunately not do so if we do not have the details of your
problem.
Best regards,
frances

On Mar 31, 4:36 am, santosh panda <pandasant...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Alinoor:
>
> Hi. How are you doing? Hope you are fine and doing well. It is good news that all have finished working on their units, and should upload to the Wiki too. This is important since we can follow it up at the April 26-30 workshop too, and see some time is devoted to this aspect also. Dr Mishra is working hard to see that all the full-fledged units are uploaded to the Wiki fast.
>
> Please also advise us, since the next workshop will be devoted to largely on 'Assessment and Evaluation', what expectations / objectives you want to achieve through this workshop? This will help us prepare for it, as also email some pre-workshop materials for colleagues to read/work before the workshop.
>
> Regards to Mizanoor, Amirul, Sabina, Zobaida, Tapanda, and all other colleagues--we very much remember them.
>
> Warm regards.
> Santosh
>
> Santosh Panda, PhD,
> Professor of Distance Education & Director,
> Staff Training & Research Institute of Distance Education,
> Indira Gandhi National Open University,
> New Delhi 110068, India.www.ignou.ac.in/institute/profpanda/FINAL/Home.htm
> Phone:+91-11-29535399; Fax: +91-11-29533073; Home: +91-11-29535954
> Chief Editor: Indian Journal of Open Learningwww.ignou.ac.in/IJOL/Home.htm
> Economics of Distance and Online Learning (Routledge 2008) http://www.routledge.com/9780415963886
>
> Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 03:32:52 -0700From: alinoor1...@yahoo.comSubject: Re: Status of Chapter Creation WorkTo: BO...@googlegroups.com
> Dear Missan
> Please be informed that faculty members were highly busy with the exam work and organizining the JSC Tutor Conference. They already finished the chapter and hopfully they will be able to upload the next two days. In addition, internet service was non-functioning in the school and I asked them to do the work at the Cyber Cafe.
>
> Thanks for your cooperation
>
> Prof. Dr. Md. Alinoor Rahman
> DeanOpen Schoolmissan <sanjayamishra.ig...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear Participants,If you receive this mail, kindly hit the reply button and let us knowthe progress you have mede so far in the development of the lessons.with regards, Sanjaya
>
> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.</a_________________________________________________________________
> Tried the new MSN Messenger? It's cool! Download now.http://messenger.msn.com/Download/Default.aspx?mkt=en-in

mizanoor rahman

Apr 3, 2008, 2:49:57 AM4/3/08
to BO...@googlegroups.com
Well done - Jara

mizanoor rahman

Apr 6, 2008, 1:19:54 PM4/6/08
to BO...@googlegroups.com
Sabina and Tasrun
congratulations!!!!!!!!!

jafaur ahamed

Apr 7, 2008, 8:25:57 AM4/7/08
to BO...@googlegroups.com
editing done as per direction.
thanks

mizanoor rahman

Apr 7, 2008, 12:00:30 PM4/7/08
to BO...@googlegroups.com
Dear Missan,
Please be informed that "Kabirbou" doesn't show edit icon. He is experiencing difficulty.

mizan

Sanjaya Mishra

Apr 8, 2008, 12:12:32 AM4/8/08
to BO...@googlegroups.com
If anyone is not able to see the editing tool bar, the only problem I
think would be not able to log in or using a very old browser.

regards, Sanjaya

missan

Apr 8, 2008, 1:08:35 AM4/8/08
to Bagladesh Open School
Dear All,
I am happy to report to you all the progress so far made in the
development of self-learning materials using WikiEducator. The
following chapters are there, and I have edited and commented upon for
further improvement:

1.A Garment Worked / by Rafsan
2.Carbohydrates, Proteins, Vitamins and Minerals/ by Amirul
3.Categorical Syllogism/ by Najnin
4.Introduction to Business Communication/ by Alinoor
5.Concept of Economics/ by Tasrun
6.Food and Nutrition/ by Sabina
7.Foundation of Business/ by Motaharul
8.Gender issues in Bangladesh/ by Zobaida
9.International Mother Language Day/ by Zerin
10.Introduction to Financial Accounting/ by Mizan
11.Introduction to Health Educaiton/ by Raja (Sri Lanka)
12.Managerial Accounting/ by Jafaur
13.Microbial World/ by Dr. Karim
14.Seasons of Bangladesh/ by Farida

This is a significant development, and I would like to take this
opportunity to request others to start working on their chapters
immediately. Those of you who have done the work, please go to your
chapter and see, if there are any comments left. If so, please work on
it. I have also sent personal mails to each one of you on your work.

Once you work on these chapters, we intend to hand-over printed copies
to Prof. Murthy and Prof. Panda to look at and discuss during the nest
workshop.

with regards, Sanjaya

Farida Pervin

Apr 8, 2008, 2:55:38 AM4/8/08
to BO...@googlegroups.com
Mishra,
Please look my work and change the topic with new one

Kaya