Copyrighted material uplopad

missan

Apr 29, 2008, 12:15:40 AM4/29/08
to Bagladesh Open School
Dear All,
This is to request you all not to upload copyrighted photographs and
materials to WikiEducator. I can see that you all are working well,
and that gives us utmost satisfaction. But, as I can see many pictures
are uploaed to WikiEd, and we do not know the status of these
pictures. If you have used any photographs, let me know the status. We
will be constrained to delete these photographs in the absence of your
mails stating that these are from Opne Souce/ Creative Licences or
your own.

with best regards, Sanjaya

Sanjaya Mishra
Online Resource Person

zobaida akhter

Apr 29, 2008, 8:01:08 AM4/29/08
to bo...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dr.Mishra

I know about the the importance of copyright. The pictures I have used only for the time being for the presentation purpose. I will delete the picture tonight, if possible I will replace the picture from my own source, either by drawing or taking photographs. Sorry for the inconvenience. Take care.

Best Regards

Zobaida Akhter

Dr Zobaida Akhter

Associate Professor, Bangladesh Open University

Address: G-1(9th floor) Bhaduri Tower, 1/B. Paribagh, Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh
Telephone:+8802 8620942, Fax:+8802 9675317,
Mobile:+88 01715011224
Email: zobaid...@hotmail.com,
zob...@gmail.com

> Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 21:15:40 -0700
> Subject: Copyrighted material uplopad
> From: sanjayami...@gmail.com
> To: BO...@googlegroups.com

zobaida akhter

Apr 29, 2008, 8:13:01 AM4/29/08
to bo...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dr.Mishra

Kindly see my material , I have deleted all the picture. Sorry to bother you.

Best Regards
Zobaida Akhter

Dr Zobaida Akhter

Associate Professor, Bangladesh Open University

Address: G-1(9th floor) Bhaduri Tower, 1/B. Paribagh, Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh
Telephone:+8802 8620942, Fax:+8802 9675317,
Mobile:+88 01715011224
Email: zobaid...@hotmail.com,
zob...@gmail.com

> Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 21:15:40 -0700
> Subject: Copyrighted material uplopad
> From: sanjayami...@gmail.com
> To: BO...@googlegroups.com

Sanjaya Mishra

Apr 29, 2008, 8:34:39 AM4/29/08
to BO...@googlegroups.com
Great, Dr. Akhter, Your efforts are really appreciated.

Sanjaya

--
Sanjaya Mishra, PhD
Reader in Distance Education

Karim Md. Abdul

Apr 29, 2008, 10:08:43 AM4/29/08
to BO...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dr. S. Mishra

Thanks for your informative mail regarding progress of 2nd f2f workshop and copy right. Yes, I have idea about copyright. I have used some Figs. in my wiki page just for practice and as I told you before that I am trying to understand wiki and using it as much as I can. The Figs. are used in my wiki page would be replaced soon from my own source. As you know I also help most of the participants regarding uploading word documents in wiki and editing in 2nd f2f workshop. Sorry for the inconvenience.
with best regards.

Abdul Karim

========================
M Abdul Karim, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Open School
Bangladesh Open University
Gazipur-1705
Tel: 88-02-9291101-4, Ext. 358
Fax: 88-02-9291122
Bangladesh
=========================

zobaida akhter

Apr 29, 2008, 10:50:23 AM4/29/08
to bo...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dr.Mishra

To make the workshop successful, I helped many of my colleagues to upload and type their material.I strongly desire to make it successful. Prof.Panda and Prof.Murthi have helped us lot and they showed their patience .I also congratulate for your great effort and continuous monitoring.

Regards
Zobaida

Dr Zobaida Akhter

Associate Professor, Bangladesh Open University

Address: G-1(9th floor) Bhaduri Tower, 1/B. Paribagh, Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh
Telephone:+8802 8620942, Fax:+8802 9675317,
Mobile:+88 01715011224
Email: zobaid...@hotmail.com,
zob...@gmail.com

> Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 18:04:39 +0530
> From: sanjayami...@gmail.com
> To: BO...@googlegroups.com
> Subject: Re: Copyrighted material uplopad

Sanjaya Mishra

Apr 29, 2008, 11:55:15 PM4/29/08
to BO...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Abdul Karim ji and Zobaida ji for your kind support to other
participants. I can see the progress, and quite happy with it. As I
told earlier, you both can be potential WikiAmbassador for Bangladesh
to promote development and use of Open Educational Resources using
WikiEducator. We are impressed by the efforts put in by the
participants. Some of them have gone to create more than one chapter.

For practice also we should be clear about the use of copyrights
material. I am sure, when you upload a picture, you have added notes
in the box that appear. It will be useful while considering who owns
the copyright. Any ways, as the Project comes to an end in May 2008,
we will be giving all the participants time upto May 10 to complete
their chapters, and then take over to finalize the lessons for
submitting it as part of the report. While doing so, we will delete
all photographs that do not follow Creative Commons licences.

I am sure, Prof. Panda/ Dr. Mizan has distributed an article on Open
Licence for you all.

with regards to all of you,

Sanjaya

santosh panda

Apr 30, 2008, 12:53:00 AM4/30/08
to bo...@googlegroups.com

Dear Dr Mishra:

Thank you for your valuable advice especially during this workshop interaction. All the aspects have been dealt with/are being dealt with well by Prof Murthy and myself. The participants know very well these aspects, and some who have used pictures etc which are not theirs have done so: to learn how to upload a picture/diagram/table/formula etc to Wiki: and for presentation purpose only--they will work on this aspect today and would decide whether to have original one/copyright cleared one/or just to have a box noting that such and such picture will come up later. (You will notice, sometimes disgrams/pictures are linked to the activity that follows). They are well aware--and don't worry for this. However, Prof Murthy and I have realised after coming here that most who had been struggling to learn WikiEd had devoted more to this than to improve their units--for the time being, that's ok--however,we have tried our best to improve/revise units/upload those which had not been uploaded/developed fresh ones by those who had not progressed much. We had gone through quite a few stages of critical commenting/editing/revising twice and even thrice. Compared to what they had done before the first workshop, and compared to what they had done before the second workshop, their current work shows marvelous improvements; all have worked very hard this time--we hope they maintain this for the development of their future courses. Since our Sri Lankan colleagues had already their institutional in-housestyle, they would of course improve uopn and follow that, though for the requirement of WikiEd they have done their units, and have uploaded too.

From a national perspective, since the BOU/BOS/CAMPE etc colleagues are more busy in finalising their Grade 7 materials they are more concerned with developing SLMs. As advised by Frances to me, we are working hard to develop a plan of action for Grade 8 materials with the new instructional design--which we are to agree today in the workshop by the JSC team--BOS and CAMPE--and they will follow that in their third year material development which will start soon (even if that deviates from the WikiEd design). The In-House Style has to be agreed and owned by them.

Frances:  I will report this evening after the closing of the workshop what exactly has been agreed by various parties involved regarding the next course of action and adopting a new style for SLMs. (It may be noted,they had so far been following a 'lesson' system which comprised 2-4 pages approximately--we have gone to training on and standardising and deciding the 'Unit' style --which has not been that easy  to do--the second workshop has been able to achieve this better--and we hope that becomes gradually the pattern for the entire BOU courses (especially at the UG and PG level) which follow the text book style.

More later.

Best....Santosh

> Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 09:25:15 +0530

> From: sanjayami...@gmail.com
> To: BO...@googlegroups.com
> Subject: Re: Copyrighted material uplopad

frances

Apr 30, 2008, 11:58:18 AM4/30/08
to Bagladesh Open School
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the updates.I am glad that we are making progress.Santosh,
the in house style of Sri Lanka, can you share the document with us?I
am looking forward to the outcome of the workshop.
Kind regards

On Apr 29, 9:53 pm, santosh panda <pandasant...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>

> Best....Santosh> Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 09:25:15 +0530> From: sanjayamishra.ig...@gmail.com> To: BO...@googlegroups.com> Subject: Re: Copyrighted material uplopad> > > Thanks Abdul Karim ji and Zobaida ji for your kind support to other> participants. I can see the progress, and quite happy with it. As I> told earlier, you both can be potential WikiAmbassador for Bangladesh> to promote development and use of Open Educational Resources using> WikiEducator. We are impressed by the efforts put in by the> participants. Some of them have gone to create more than one chapter.> > For practice also we should be clear about the use of copyrights> material. I am sure, when you upload a picture, you have added notes> in the box that appear. It will be useful while considering who owns> the copyright. Any ways, as the Project comes to an end in May 2008,> we will be giving all the participants time upto May 10 to complete> their chapters, and then take over to finalize the lessons for> submitting it as part of the report. While doing so, we will delete> all photographs that do not follow Creative Commons licences.> > I am sure, Prof. Panda/ Dr. Mizan has distributed an article on Open> Licence for you all.> > with regards to all of you,> > Sanjaya> > On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 7:38 PM, Karim Md. Abdul <makarim...@yahoo.com> wrote:> >> >> > Dear Dr. S. Mishra> >> > Thanks for your informative mail regarding progress of 2nd f2f workshop and> > copy right. Yes, I have idea about copyright. I have used some Figs. in my> > wiki page just for practice and as I told you before that I am trying to> > understand wiki and using it as much as I can. The Figs. are used in my wiki> > page would be replaced soon from my own source. As you know I also help most> > of the participants regarding uploading word documents in wiki and editing> > in 2nd f2f workshop. Sorry for the inconvenience.> > with best regards.> >> > Abdul Karim> >> >> > ========================> > M Abdul Karim, Ph.D.> > Associate Professor> > Open School> > Bangladesh Open University> > Gazipur-1705> > E-mail: makarim...@yahoo.com> > Tel: 88-02-9291101-4, Ext. 358> > Fax: 88-02-9291122> > Bangladesh> > =========================> >> >> >> > ----- Original Message ----> > From: missan <sanjayamishra.ig...@gmail.com>> > To: Bagladesh Open School <BO...@googlegroups.com>> > Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 10:15:40 AM> > Subject: Copyrighted material uplopad> >> >> > Dear All,> > This is to request you all not to upload copyrighted photographs and> > materials to WikiEducator. I can see that you all are working well,> > and that gives us utmost satisfaction. But, as I can see many pictures> > are uploaed to WikiEd, and we do not know the status of these> > pictures. If you have used any photographs, let me know the status. We> > will be constrained to delete these photographs in the absence of your> > mails stating that these are from Opne Souce/ Creative Licences or> > your own.> >> > with best regards, Sanjaya> >> > Sanjaya Mishra> > Online Resource Person> > ________________________________> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it> > now.> >> > >> >> > > > -- > Sanjaya Mishra, PhD> Reader in Distance Education> Staff Training and Research> Institute of Distance Education> Indira Gandhi National Open University> Maidan Garhi, New Delhi 110068> INDIA> Alternate email: sanjayamis...@hotmail.com> My blog:http://teachknowlogist.blogspot.com> My websiteLhttp://www.learningindia.net/sm/CV.htm> > _________________________________________________________________

Pankaj

May 1, 2008, 1:48:21 AM5/1/08
to Bagladesh Open School
Great job indeed by Prof. Panda and Murthy. The progress made by the
participants (as visible on Wiki pages) is comendable. WikiEducator
being open platform, we, the community group restrain for the use of
copy-righted materials. For time being, it is OK to know the process
of upload of pictures, but if we are not confident about the copy-
right, we need to remove them from the pages.

As a Group of Resource Persons, we developed an instructional design
for the project and used it through the templates developed on
WikiEducator. I personally feel that they are good and serverd as a
tool to understand the strengths of learning designs. As a follow-up
activity during/after the review workshop, the participating groups
can devise their own in-house styles keeping the generic style that
was developed for the project and principles of self-learning material
development in mind. I understand that the Instructional design
available on Wiki is quite generic and dynamic. In-house styles and
further developement of templates (based on what were developed) could
be institutional decision and that would be an indicator of success of
this project.

Pankaj