abuse project proper web address

1 view

Paul Botkin

Mar 16, 2011, 2:04:48 AM3/16/11

People have been writing to tell me that they're voting to help the
project, which is wonderful and for which I'm very grateful. Maybe
together we'll do some good for a lot of people.

Others have written to say they haven't been able to vote. I
finally figured out the problem. My computer has been doing tricks like
changing fonts mid-word or shoving all the text to one side of the page
and so on, but I thought I was on top of it. Turns out it's also been
changing the voting website address I included to the address of the
general Pepsi site, sometimes moving the "abusuve relationships" part of
the address into the middle of the address, and in other cases simply
lopping it off the end. Unbelievable, and all unnoticed by me, as I was
fighting the other problems at the time. So now I've got to mail
everyone again because I don't know how often that happened, and for
which I am very sorry.

Even the Pepsi people admit their website is hard to navigate, so
they've recommended that voters just use the direct address to the
individual project site, which in the case of this one is:
http://www.refresheverything.ca/abusiverelationships.

If it pulls the same trick again with this mailing, you can instead
google the "Pepsi Challenge" site, select "refresheverything," change
the "near you" designation to anything else, select "Education," then
select "$25,000" (it keeps switching back to the "$5,000" category) and
then search the list for my picture and: "Video to teach high school..,"
which is about all that you can see of the project title.

That's why Pepsi suggests using the url (above).

To all those who are trying to vote, good luck getting through all
this, and thanks again for trying. I can assure you that once you've
registered to vote and bookmarked the website, it's really easy to vote
regularly. I hope no one has become too discouraged (or bored) by this
to vote.

You can still vote 45 more times, once a day until April 30! And
spread it around to others who may take up the cause.

Let's take a round out of the pimps and batterers. Buncha people
need the help.

Paul Botkin
pbo...@telus.net
604 873-4774