League delay

Philippe Kirsanov

Oct 11, 2008, 12:09:15 PM10/11/08
to BCWaterPolo
League start is delayed till January 10th as we needed more time to
organize it.
Until that time we will be using LMWPL pool time for scrimmages. I'm
away till the end of October, so Rob will let you know when and where
scrimmages will be.

levente mady

Oct 11, 2008, 12:38:33 PM10/11/08
to BCWat...@googlegroups.com
why does that not surprise me...

levente

Dee Jay Randall

Oct 13, 2008, 12:33:21 PM10/13/08
to BCWat...@googlegroups.com

I can understand deciding not to volunteer one's time helping
the league run. I spent a couple of months of my spare time last
year trying to get a winter league to take. I think it showed
promise, but then I failed to get pool time for it from January
to April 2008. I only had about a two year window of my personal
time to get the league up and running _and_ stable enough to pass
it to a successor, and now one year had passed. Then in March, my
brother qualified for Beijing, plus I had an opportunity at Blue
Castle to lead a game. I decided I couldn't responsibly pursue the
league further this fall. Fortunately, Rob and Philippe grabbed
the reins and started to run with it, which I ws thrilled to see.

So I appeal to everyone on this list: If you want a league:
Do something constructive about it!

I'm really disappointed to read a comment like this in the
community. Rob and Philippe are both serving on the Board of
BC Water Polo and trying to improve water polo in the province.
Let's back them up.

Dee Jay

signature.asc

Nick Monahan

Oct 13, 2008, 5:44:39 PM10/13/08
to BCWat...@googlegroups.com
I wholeheartedly agree. We need people to step and commit to coming
out every Sunday - that way we can be sure that there is enough
interest (and $$) to be able to run a successful league.

Thanks to everyone involved for organizing. Let's keep it positive and
get our sport healthy in the run-up to hosting nationals in 2009.

Nick

Ben Jones

Oct 13, 2008, 11:41:56 PM10/13/08
to BCWat...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for your efforts getting this league off the ground. If I can make one suggestion, I would be happy to set up a web form where we can get people to enter their:

First Name
Last Name
Phone Number
Health Card # (for BC Water Polo)  - or we can get this over the phone
<and whatever other information we need>

I will volunteer to telephone everyone to confirm their participation. I figure we need min. 60 people (15 players x 4 teams)

We have an account at TeampPages.com where we can manage the scores, standings, stats, schedules, communicate with each other, etc,

I will volunteer to enter the data from the score sheets after every game.

Please telephone or email if you would like my help.

Hope everyone had a good long weekend.

Cheers,
--
Ben Jones