emphasis children

Paul Botkin

Apr 2, 2011, 7:21:26 PM4/2/11
                                               ABUSE AND BATTERING PROJECT

     We can still accomplish this in the next 30 days if everybody piles in.

     A worker at a women's shelter convinced me that in this campaign I should spell out what happens to children in abusive homes, so here goes: If Dad is beating Mom, there is nothing there that will stop him from beating or sexually assaulting their children, or worse.  Tyrants don't have limits.  If Mom has been beaten sufficiently into submission, she may be too cowed to protest even if, right in front of her, he barges into the bathroom to give their 14-year-old daughter a bath, as he may insist on doing every night (or maybe just when he's been drinking).

    You can help.  We can team up to take a round out of pimps, and battering boyfriends and husbands.  No money is required, just vote every day until April 30 at http://www.refresheverything.ca/abusiverelationships so a $25,000 grant will be awarded to make a video called: "THE MAGICIANS KNOW THE TRICK."

     The video is to teach high school students how pimps and batterers manipulate people into taking abuse.  Basically: "If I would like to select one of you out of the group and beat you and I don't want you fighting back or calling the police, but I do want you to come back to me so we can do that again some time, there is a way I can do that.  This is how I'm going to set you up."  That is the video.  Internet votes decide which projects get the grants.

     Check out the project at the web-site (address above) or the complete description of the project in a "note" on my facebook account and, please, please, spread the word on facebook or any way you can so others will be able to vote, too.

    "For evil to prevail, all that is necessary is that good people do nothing."
                                                            -a wise guy-

     Vote, please, and do it often.  A whole buncha people really need our help.

 Paul Botkin
pbo...@telus.net

Paul Botkin

Apr 2, 2011, 7:29:40 PM4/2/11