FW: Vigil King George Square 6pm 2/11/17 - 100 years on We Stand Against the Balfour Declaration

ian curr

Oct 26, 2017, 5:09:27 AM10/26/17
to justiceforpale...@yahoogroups.com, BA...@googlegroups.com

Hi All

The Big Ride Australia will be holding a vigil in King George Square, at 6pm on the 2nd of November, 100 years on from Balfour Declaration, and we wanted to invite you to join us and stand in solidarity against colonialism and its terror.

As you are all probably aware, the Balfour Declaration (written on the 2 November 1917 from the British Foreign Minister, Arthur Balfour to the leader of the World Zionist Organization) articulated official British support of the Zionist project in Palestine has resulted in years of subjugation, dispossession and conflict.

Whilst Theresa May tells us that Britain will celebrate the centenary of the Balfour Declaration with “pride”, we in Australia know there is no pride in colonialism and genocide. The Big Ride stand against colonialism and its ethnic cleansing of Indigenous peoples around the world. We stand against colonialism and its creation of refugees in their own countries. We recognise that the only result of colonialism is a dispossession of a people.  We stand in solidarity with Palestinians and all the Indigenous peoples whose lands have been dispossessed by British colonialism.

We would also like to ask for your support by sharing the attached advertisement or the Facebook Event as widely as possible.

Kind Regards

Manal Monsour and Rosa Monsour

thebigrid...@outlook.com

0435991444 - Manal

http://thebigrideaustralia.weebly.com/

https://www.facebook.com/TBRaustralia

Please note, The Big Ride team are all volunteers with full time jobs, so please allow at least 48 hours for us to respond to any requests for information

ig-and-ad-balfour.jpg