Manuel Raposo Correia Bicudo (1723, Ribeira Grande)

47 views
Skip to first unread message

Carlos Melo

unread,
Jun 1, 2026, 6:48:35 PMJun 1
to Azores Genealogy
Hi,

Has anyone ever found Manuel Raposo Correia Bicudo's birth and marriage records?
He's my 6th great-grandfather.

According to Rodrigo Rodrigues, he was born in Achadinha, Nordeste, baptised in NS Estrela, Ribeira Grande, in 1723, his mother was unknown but his father legitimised him, and he married Isabel Margarida de Resende, also from Achadinha. However, I cannot find any record. I know that this line is described, but the 18th century records are available, so I find it odd that none can be found.

If anyone has more information, I'd appreciate your help. 

Thanks,

Carlos
 

Mike Steward

unread,
Oct 1, 2026, 1:57:11 PM (6 days ago) Oct 1
to Azores Genealogy
Carlos,

Happy to compare notes. Manoel and Isabel are my 6th great grandparents as well (their son, Duarte is my 5th great grandfather). I have the marriage record for Manoel and Isabel, baptism record for Isabel, baptism / marriage records for majority of their 9 children, and a ton of records above Manoel's father Manoel (the unmarried one - I have his baptismal record as well, his brother Pedro was his godfather). Have you seen the Livro de genealogias by Carlos Machado and Ernesto do Canto? Feel free to email me outside of this group and we can exchange notes.

Your distant cousin.

Mike

Mike Steward

unread,
Oct 1, 2026, 11:41:49 PM (5 days ago) Oct 1
to Azores Genealogy
Sorry...I misspoke. Here is what I have:
Mike

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages