Help with Birth/Baptism record

Marilyn Thompson

Jan 2, 2023, 2:16:20 PM1/2/23
to Cheri Mello
Antonio bottom left.

Can someone help me with the parents' names and any additional information given?

Thank you
Marilyn T

nancy jean baptiste

Jan 2, 2023, 3:32:37 PM1/2/23
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Antonio,  son of Lucia Machado, daughter of  Mathias Machado and wife Maria Rosa.

Nancy Jean

Sent from my Galaxy

Cheri Mello

Jan 2, 2023, 4:46:41 PM1/2/23
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Yes, and he spelled mom as Luzia. I'm thinking Luzia mom *might* be Maria do Rosario. Roza ends in an "a" and if he was going to abbreviate it, I'd think it would be Ra. You're going to have to find Luzia's baptism to figure out her mom's name.

Everyone is a native of this church.

But then he goes on to say:
second, I meant to say Antonio Pires, son of ___iel Machado (Daniel? abbreviated?) and of his wife Maria das Candeis also native of this parish, was born on (the baby) 27 of June 1775 and was baptized on the same day, month and year. Gods: Joao de ___ Pereira e Machado and his wife Dona Anna Jozefa de Souza Pacheco.

Too much vinho.
Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

mnk

Jan 27, 2023, 8:26:20 PM1/27/23
to Azores Genealogy

Sorry I’m a bit late on this, but she is naming Antonio Pires as the father of the baby. I have seen this kind of phrasing  before when the mother of the child names the father. Segundo ella manda dizer.
Maria Natalia