DNAs cluster in the Azores from 1850 -1900? Surnames?

peikx001 University of Minnesota

Aug 31, 2022, 4:48:12 PM8/31/22
to Azores Genealogy
I am part Mizrahi (perhaps, Moroccan), and according to My Heritage, I have DNA clusters in the Azores from 1850 - 1900. Does anyone know if there is a Jewish surname list of persons that lived there at that time? Thanks
Cheers, SD

Cheri Mello

Aug 31, 2022, 4:49:39 PM8/31/22
to azo...@googlegroups.com
You'd have to contact the individual synagogues there and ask if they have any membership lists from that far back.
Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

On Wed, Aug 31, 2022 at 1:48 PM 'peikx001 University of Minnesota' via Azores Genealogy <azo...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
I am part Mizrahi (perhaps, Moroccan), and according to My Heritage, I have DNA clusters in the Azores from 1850 - 1900. Does anyone know if there is a Jewish surname list of persons that lived there at that time? Thanks
Cheers, SD

Shirl Sereque

Aug 31, 2022, 5:43:12 PM8/31/22
to azo...@googlegroups.com
To: peikx001 at the University of Minnesota:

I had Sephardic Jewish ancestors in the Azores and Morocco.  Do we have any common ancestors?

peikx001 University of Minnesota

Aug 31, 2022, 9:30:17 PM8/31/22
to Azores Genealogy
Thank you!