Help with marriage translation

Marilyn Thompson

Jan 15, 2023, 3:45:08 PM1/15/23
to Cheri Mello
Topo Left: http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SJR-CH-TOPO-C-1860-1869/SJR-CH-TOPO-C-1860-1869_item1/index.html?page=58

Jose Teixeira Batista and Rosa Joaquina 22 Oct 1866 Topo  (from index)

I can see it looks like Jose's mother was Marianna Rosa, single - no father mentioned.
Rosa's parents are Joaquim Jose Machado and Laurianna Rita ---Does it say if her parents were still alive?
What is the information after her parents' names are given?

Thank you
Marilyn T

Cheri Mello

Jan 15, 2023, 6:49:28 PM1/15/23
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Rosa's parents and your question about what is after the parents' name is the same:
image.png
todos naturaes e moradores nesta fre-guesia (hyphenated)
all natives and living in this freguesia. So yes, her parents were alive. It continues on to say that the freguesia is where the betrothed (both) were baptized.

Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

Boyd McKee Kitchen

Jan 16, 2023, 10:35:19 PM1/16/23
to azo...@googlegroups.com
It also gives the age of the groom as 28 years old and the bride as 22 years old.
I didn't see anything about whether the brides parents were still living. It doesn't say they had passed away or were still living.

Boyd