Ships leaving Boston

Nivea

Jan 18, 2023, 4:08:48 PM1/18/23
to Azores Genealogy
Hi,

I have been a member of this group for quite a while now... although I'm mostly quiet, I can't begin to tell you how much I've learned & how much it has helped me in my genealogy search.

I have a question... in my search, I have come across ancestors that for one reason or another went back to the Azores... I know this from the stories my parents and grandparents told me & by finding records in the United States & then a few years later, back in Portugal... but I have never been able to find records of them traveling back... sometimes I'll find a passport record... so it made me wonder, are there passenger records of ships leaving Boston & going to the Azores or any other country...

Is there a Portuguese website that has a list of passengers & ships arriving in Portugal?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated!
Thank you,
Nivea Linhares

Cheri Mello

Jan 18, 2023, 4:16:52 PM1/18/23
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nivea,

America wasn't concerned about who was leaving. They only cared about who came in and the set of regulations that came about from the immigration. So no outbound lists from America exist.

Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

Nivea Linhares

Jan 18, 2023, 4:33:30 PM1/18/23
to azo...@googlegroups.com
That's true... Do you think Portugal was worried about who arrived? I wonder if there's arrival lists... maybe I'll ask when I visit the library in Terceira this summer...

Thank you,
Nivea

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Azores Genealogy" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/azores/CAKUUw_G8xb1pPme4KF823Mk0QtvnwNd9WmA0CJtRX%2BVHW8-sew%40mail.gmail.com.

Jack Pereira

Jan 18, 2023, 6:57:02 PM1/18/23
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Nevertheless, probably one of the best panoramically put together videos I have seen of the Azores!!
Jack

Sent from my iPhone