Baptism Margin translation

已查看 40 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Mark Couto

未读,
2022年10月6日 16:10:562022/10/6
收件人 Azores Genealogy
I need help reading the margin comments under Joao (top left).  I can see the date is 11-16-1914 but that is it.

bsei.azo...@gmail.com

未读,
2022年10月6日 20:10:572022/10/6
收件人 Azores Genealogy
Hi Mark.  To me is looks like "Casou ontem nesta freguesia com Paulina ??? de Melo, domestica, natural desta freguesia"
Married yesterday in this parish to Paulina ??? de Melo, natural of this parish.

It looks like it's dated 16 Nov 1914 but he would have been only 9 years old.  I looked around and every note I found from this person was dated in the early 1930s so I wonder if it is supposed to be 16 Nov 1934.

Bill Seidler

Cheri Mello

未读,
2022年10月6日 20:29:472022/10/6
收件人 azo...@googlegroups.com
Find Paulina and read her margin note. Then you'll get a 2nd guess at the date. There's no way he married at age 9.
Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

Mark Couto

未读,
2022年10月6日 21:54:382022/10/6
收件人 Azores Genealogy
Thank you Bill and Cheri!

Philippe GARNIER

未读,
2022年10月7日 12:13:472022/10/7
收件人 azo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark and all,

João born in 29-11-1895 and married in 11-06-1914.Then he married with 18,5 years old.
At this time is frequent.

Abs

Philippe Garnier

Cheri Mello

未读,
2022年10月7日 14:08:182022/10/7
收件人 azo...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, Philippe, I don't understand how you are reading that birth date. I'm reading 29 Nov 1905 and it's filed in the 1905 book. Maybe you clicked on something else?
image.png

Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

Philippe GARNIER

未读,
2022年10月8日 04:07:062022/10/8
收件人 azo...@googlegroups.com