Flores Couples Book + Photo Search

Stacy Evans

Jun 10, 2024, 10:20:02 PM (12 days ago) Jun 10
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone—I’m new to the group. My great grandmother was Portuguese (maiden name Serpas)—her parents Manuel Caetano Serpa & Maria da Gloria Silva (Williams) migrated to Northern California in the 1880s/90s. I have two questions:

1) Is there any place you would recommend for finding old photos? I’ve seen a handful of my great grandmother as an elderly woman, but none of her young and none of her parents. I have no family contacts whatsoever. My grandmother only had one cousin on that side and she was 20 years younger so I don’t think they ever knew each other especially since she moved across the country with her husband and of course this was before the internet made it easy to keep in touch.

2) As an alternative to the Genealogias das Ilha Flores (which is out of print and I can’t find it), I’d like to get a copy of the couples (ie marriages) book and I heard a rumor that there’s an ebook that can be purchased but I didn’t see it on Amazon-anyone know where I can get that? Also can someone who owns that tell me—does it include the parents of the bride and groom? Is there an index with all the names? I have a lot of daughters with no last names on my tree—the struggle is real! Thanks in advance for any leads.

-Stacy Evans

JR

Jun 10, 2024, 11:47:12 PM (12 days ago) Jun 10
to Azores Genealogy
From Karen Ramos post-

"This book, Casais das Flores e do Corvo = Couples of Flores and Corvo is available as a Nook ebook from BarnesandNoble.com :

It costs $14.99., no tax.

If you don't own a Nook, you can download the Nook ebook reader app to any device from your device's app play store to save and read the book.

It attempts to list all the marriages on these two islands from the earliest date for each parish to 1910."

Stacy Evans

Jun 11, 2024, 7:10:39 AM (11 days ago) Jun 11
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Karen!

On Jun 10, 2024, at 10:47 PM, JR <jmr...@gmail.com> wrote:

From Karen Ramos post-

Bill Seidler

Jun 11, 2024, 7:45:55 AM (11 days ago) Jun 11
to Azores Genealogy
Yes the book includes the parents of the bride and groom.

There is a Serpa-Andrews tree on Ancestry by someone named Stacy that seems to share this ancestry; is that you?

I hope this helps

Bill Seidler