Translation

Paula Power

Jun 18, 2024, 4:46:32 PM (4 days ago) Jun 18
to azo...@googlegroups.com
17187257284677767930349576496440.jpg

Bill Seidler

Jun 18, 2024, 5:53:43 PM (4 days ago) Jun 18
to Azores Genealogy
I see you learned how to post the link.  I gave a basic translation in my last post that I will paste again here:

Jacinta was born 28 Dec 1890 and baptized on 8 Feb 1891 in Pico da Pedra.  Her parents were Vitorino de Medeiros, a native of Arrifes, and his wife Jacinta do Rego, a native of this parish (Pico da Pedra).  Paternal grandparents are Antonio de Medeiros and Vitorina Miquelina; maternal grandparents are José da Costa Cardoso and Maria Isabel.  Godparents were Cipriano dos Santos and Maria dos Anjos.

That second margin note was dated 28 Feb 1958 so Jacinta would have died on 26 Feb 1958.

Bill Seidler

Paula Power

Jun 20, 2024, 7:55:53 PM (2 days ago) Jun 20
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone
Can some translate for me please?

# 1 Death record of Jacinto Machado Dias.jpg

Boyd McKee Kitchen

Jun 20, 2024, 8:41:47 PM (2 days ago) Jun 20
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Paula,

Here is my attempt. I think the critical details are here:

on 31 Oct 1956 on the street of Brulea? of this parish of Pico de Pedra, ouvidarid Rilecia Granada, Diocese of Angra, having received the sacraments of Penitencia Viatico Dias e ??, by Vigoria Frajsio, administrators, a male person by the name of Jacinto Machado Dias died, 66 years old, profession: carioc???, native of Calheta Parish, married to Jacinta do Rego; son of Jose Machado Dias and Maria da ?uta Mendes, who lived in the parish of Calheta; buried in the parish cemetery on 1 Nov.

On Thu, Jun 20, 2024 at 5:55 PM Paula Power <medeiros...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello everyone
Can some translate for me please?

Paula Power

Jun 20, 2024, 9:49:17 PM (2 days ago) Jun 20
to azo...@googlegroups.com

JR

Jun 21, 2024, 8:50:17 AM (yesterday) Jun 21
to Azores Genealogy
profession: carioc???,  = carroçeiro = wagon or carriage driver = carroça = a wagon;
received the sacraments of Penitencia Viatico and extrema unção = last rites and holy oil.
Maria da ?uta Mendes = Maria da Estrela Mendes

JR