Address for death certificates

Paula Power

Jun 19, 2024, 8:38:38 PM (3 days ago) Jun 19
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Hello
Is there an address for death certificates in ribeira grande Sao miguel. My great grandfather died 1956

Cheri Mello

Jun 19, 2024, 8:45:00 PM (3 days ago) Jun 19
to azo...@googlegroups.com
For a deaths after 1911 or so in the council of Ribeira Grande, you need to correspond with the Civil Registry. They hold the vital records. There's a form letter here:

Conservatória do Registo Civil

9600 Ribeira Grande

São Miguel, Açôres

Portugal

You may find it much easier to contact João Ventura, a researcher for hire. You can pay him obtain it electronically for you. He's bilingual. His email is her...@yahoo.com
Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada