Parents of Pedro Fonesca (1753 Marriage)

Dennis Munise

Jul 11, 2022, 11:30:40 PM7/11/22
to Azores Genealogy
I'm reviewing a marriage from 1753 and I'd like another set (or a few sets!) of eyes on the groom's parents.

Groom:  Pedro da Fonesca

I have a relative's tree who has a Manuel Fonesca Mota married to Antonia Ferreira.  I'm trying to determine if Pedro's parents are the same as the people mentioned here.

I'm not overly concerned with proving out Manuel because I know names get dropped.  In this record, however, I can't quite make out Antonia's name.  My first thought was "Tereza" but it looks like a few too many letters.  By the same token, it could be Ferreira but I don't know if the squiggle below the word was a slip of the pen or if it's a letter (or accent).

Thanks in advance!

Linda Mare

Jul 12, 2022, 1:34:40 AM7/12/22
to azo...@googlegroups.com
It’s Antonia Ferreira (a “y” instead of an “i” is used here; typical archaic spelling).

Linda

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 11, 2022, at 11:30 PM, Dennis Munise <djmu...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm reviewing a marriage from 1753 and I'd like another set (or a few sets!) of eyes on the groom's parents.

Ah.da....@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2022, 7:15:24 AM7/12/22
to azo...@googlegroups.com

I see son of Manuel Fonesca deceased and Antonia Ferreira  m. Francisca Conceicao  daughter of Joao da Costa and Maria de Sousa.

Rick

Richard Francis Pimentel

Lee, NH

Researching, Riberia Grande, Riberinha, Achada Grande,  Bretanha, and Ponta Delgada,  Sao Miguel, Acores

Ângela Loura

Jul 12, 2022, 12:19:32 PM7/12/22
to azo...@googlegroups.com
«(...) Pedro da Fonseca filho de Manuel da Fonseca já defunto, e de sua mulher Antónia Ferreira natural desta dita freguesia com Francisca da Conceição filha de João da Costa, e de sua mulher Maria de Sousa natural da freguesia de Nossa Senhora das Neves do lugar da Relva (...)»

Dennis Munise

Jul 12, 2022, 9:48:16 PM7/12/22
to Azores Genealogy
Thank you for that, I hadn't considered the "y" instead of an "i".

Thank you to everyone who responded!