Flores Island - Lajes das Flores Freguesia Baptism Records Prior to 1757

gary.vi...@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2024, 7:32:43 PM (11 days ago) Jun 11
to Azores Genealogy
Hello,
I'm sure someone here will know the answer to the following:
Tombo.pt doesn't show baptism records prior to 1757 for Lajes das Flores. Are earlier records lost/unavailable? I see that Fajazinha seems to be the only Freguesia that has Tombo.pt records prior to 1757 in Lajes das Flores Concelho. Should I be searching in Fajazinha for these earlier records, or am I possibly at a dead end?
Thanks for any help.
Gary Victorine
(4th great grandfather had surname dos Reis back then)

JR

Jun 11, 2024, 9:07:34 PM (11 days ago) Jun 11
to Azores Genealogy
I had a look at those Flores records and found for the most part, they come to a dead end. However, you should leave no stone unturned and if any village has older records, research them to be sure. Not sure about the gentry, there may be some books or references in other people's ancestry charts, or even in the book.

JR