Furtado Lineage from Relva, Azores

Genivaldo Gueiros

May 21, 2024, 2:31:37 AMMay 21
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Last week, I discovered the testament of an ancestor from the Azores and traced him to a Furtado line from Relva. Here’s the lineage I’ve established:

- João de Benevides Furtado (b. 1735) (FamilySearch: G8QL-KXK)
- Manuel de Benevides Furtado (b. 1686) (FamilySearch: GZHZ-VXC)
- Jorge/George Ferreira Furtado (b. 1644) (married Petronilha de Benevides b. 1660) (FamilySearch: G47X-62Z)
- André Furtado (b. 16??) (married Maria Ferreira b. 1625) (FamilySearch: G86M-1L1)

I’ve hit a roadblock with André Furtado from Candelaria and can’t seem to find any further information. I have a hypothesis of who is his mother/grandmother based on another testament, but nothing set in stone.

It seems Relva only has marriage documents available after 1673, and Rodrigo Rodrigues does not document this line.

Does anyone here share this lineage or have additional information about it?

Thank you!

--
Genivaldo Silva, Ph.D

John Raposo

May 21, 2024, 5:44:31 AMMay 21
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Jorge Furtado Ferreira, son of Andre Ferreira and Maria Ferreira, married Petronilha Benevides, daughter of Jose Fernandes and Maria Neta, on 5 Dec 1680 in Relva.

I have not verified this.

Good luck!

John

Genivaldo Gueiros

May 21, 2024, 11:59:35 AMMay 21
to Azores Genealogy
Hi John, thanks for the info. I found that marriage document -- https://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-PD-RELVA-C-1673-1708/SMG-PD-RELVA-C-1673-1708_item1/index.html?page=13

However, I can't find any info before it.