Request for help with translation

Rick Drolet

Jul 8, 2024, 5:52:26 PMJul 8
to Azores Genealogy
I am having trouble reading, and understanding, the marriage record for the parents of
Francisca Candida 1843, at Camino de Vitoria, Graciosa, Guadalupe, Azores. Francisca MAY be my Great-Grandmother that I have been researching forever.

The record on the Left:

https://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/GRA-SC-GUADALUPE-C-1797-1825/GRA-SC-GUADALUPE-C-1797-1825_item1/index.html?page=179

Married 2 Jul 1820: Manoel Jose Vieira and Maria Joaquina

Manoel Jose Vieira - don't understand the relationship described in this record,
as well as the abbreviations used.

Maria Joaquina - child of Manoel da Cunha Pereira and Domingas do Rosario

Cheri Mello

Jul 8, 2024, 6:02:43 PMJul 8
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Rick G,

It starts off with church stuff, saying they fulfilled the last 3 Lenten obligation and then lists witnesses. The first witness is Manuel Jose Vieira, father of the groom.
The main part:
Manuel Jose Vieira, son of the same name and of his wife, Dona Maria de Sao Jose
Maria Joaquina, dau. of Manuel da Cunha Pereiraand of his wife, Domingas do Rosario

You got the date
Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

Rick Drolet

Jul 8, 2024, 6:22:04 PMJul 8
to Azores Genealogy
Thans Cheri.