translation column

elizabeth migliori

Jan 24, 2023, 11:21:06 AM1/24/23
to azo...@googlegroups.com

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-LG-CABOUCO-C-1900-1905/SMG-LG-CABOUCO-C-1900-1905_item1/index.html?page=49

Can someone translate the column for Francisco Mattos right side.    also Does it tell of grandparents?

Thank You

Liz

Sent from Mail for Windows

Cheri Mello

Jan 24, 2023, 11:28:48 AM1/24/23
to azo...@googlegroups.com
That's his death note. Grandparents are not mentioned in obits.

Died, Francisco de Matos, something about it's record #112 of this conservatory. The date of 18 Jul 1981 was when the note was made.

Where the handwriting changes, it says that his bride died on the 24 Nov 1958 in the freguesia of Rosario and it's record #171 of this conservatory. The note was made 25 Nov 1958.
Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

Cheri Mello

Jan 24, 2023, 11:36:37 AM1/24/23
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, Dave Furtado pointed out I started reading with the 2nd line (I guess I need more caffeine??)
Francisco died 17 Jul 1951
Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

Boyd McKee Kitchen

Jan 24, 2023, 12:07:59 PM1/24/23
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Are you asking only about the marginal note? In the marriage record, I see parent's names and ages of the bride and groom. Did you get these already?

Boyd

Liz Migliori

Jan 24, 2023, 12:32:04 PM1/24/23
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Boyd
Yes this is marriage. I have that but I didn’t understand column info and was trying to see if mention of grandparents anywhere.
Thank you ALL

Sent from my iPhone

Liz Migliori

Jan 24, 2023, 12:33:11 PM1/24/23
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Boyd
Was Maria’s fathers last name Tavares?

Sent from my iPhone

Cheri Mello

Jan 24, 2023, 12:33:26 PM1/24/23
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Liz, you'll have to get the marriage of the parents of the bride and groom to get back one more generation.