Word confirmation

Mark Couto

May 11, 2024, 10:06:33 AMMay 11
to Azores Genealogy
I need some help with a single word on a baptism record. The attachment has the word highlighted and the record is the top entry (Maria) on this LINK.  It's located within the sentence that identifies the padrinho.

"The godfather is Captain Manuel Camello SOMETHING of the baptized."

Typically something like that indicates a family connection. I'm thinking it's a different spelling for grandfather.  That's my best guess. Let me know what you all think.  Thank you

Word.jpg

Bill Seidler

May 11, 2024, 10:45:35 AMMay 11
to Azores Genealogy
According to  António Ornelas Mendes and Jorge Forjaz in  Genealogias da Ilha Terceira, Volume II,  it is Avô.

page 745: "...5 Maria, b. em S. Sebastião a 12.9.1676, sendo padrinho, seu avô, o capitão Manuel Camelo."

Bill Seidler

Mark Couto

May 11, 2024, 9:21:19 PMMay 11
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Is that book accessible through the net?

Thank you for the help Bill!

Bill Seidler

May 11, 2024, 9:42:25 PMMay 11
to Azores Genealogy
I believe I downloaded them (9 volumes) from the CCA several years ago but I can't find it there now.  It may have back when they had the Terceira Marriage index which they also no longer have.

They have it on SCRIBD combined into one large volume but I'm not sure of their process/cost.