Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Digest for azores@googlegroups.com - 9 updates in 4 topics

Julie Collins

Jan 19, 2023, 10:50:22 AM1/19/23
to azo...@googlegroups.com
I think it was because the recording quality was so poor in situ, that he’s overdubbed with an upgraded narrative, possibly upgrading the text a little along the way. Not so fussed about the lip syncing as Millie Vanillie or any great (or not so great) Hollywood producer would be, "en studio”.

Jan 19, 2023, 12:01:59 PM1/19/23
to azo...@googlegroups.com
I thought it was a wonderful informative video and refreshing as it was done by someone who was totally and “outsider” but with a young inquisitive mind and no preconceived ideas. His pronunciation was quite off as anyone with no knowledge of the language would be. He certainly had the islands to himself with the off season which would be great, but still a tragedy to not see the hydrangeas in bloom! It is an intriguing thought to go off season, now that I’ve seen the islands in their glory! I think many might be inspired to go from his video! I only personally noticed the narrative not jiving at the ending in the airport. One thing he got wrong is there are certainly mosquitoes 😂😂 maybe not in off season….but I can personally attest that I was eaten alive when I went with my dad many years ago and he insisted on keeping the windows open at night (they didn’t bite him😂)  I also don’t think the water at Caldeira Velha , Sao Miguel, in the main pool,  is warm as my grandsons wouldn’t stay in because of the cold last summer….But their other pools were warm.
Other than that I thought he did a fabulous job! I sent it on to my family!
Thanks for calling it to our attention!
Susan Vargas Murphy