Marriage help

Marilyn Thompson

Jun 23, 2022, 11:19:14 PM6/23/22
to Cheri Mello
http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SJR-CH-RIBEIRASECA-C-1740-1764/SJR-CH-RIBEIRASECA-C-1740-1764_item1/index.html?page=20
bottom left continuing to top right.

From the index I have Antonio Machado de Sousa & Barbara Maria married in Ribeira Seca on 5 Nov 1742.
Can someone tell who the groom's parents are?
Jose _____Machado_______?
Bride's Parents
Antonio Lima & Luzia de Sousa
Are they all from Ribeira Seca?
Are the Parents still alive?

Thank you
Marilyn T

Cheri Mello

Jun 23, 2022, 11:54:40 PM6/23/22
to Azores Genealogy
Groom's dad: Jose Machado Pereira. Someone needs to double check me.

Bride's dad: Antonio Simao or ??? Need more eyes.

Nobody has been noted as deceased. I'd have to read more of this guy's writing. Maybe he doesn't bother to note them.

After the bride's parents, it says "all from this freguesia." Is that just the bride's parents or everybody?? More research will tell.

Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

bsei.azo...@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2022, 7:54:38 AM6/24/22
to Azores Genealogy
I concur with Cheri.  I would just note that José is written as Joseph which you sometimes find in these older records.

It does mention that the bride was "disobligada" in Topo but was baptized in Ribeira Seca.  I believe all were natural of Ribeira Seca.

Bill Seidler

Boyd McKee Kitchen

Jun 26, 2022, 6:52:55 PM6/26/22
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Marilyn,
I see the grooms parents abbreviated as Joseph Mdo. Pra. and his wife Maria de Jesus.
Bride's parents are Antonio Simão and his wife Lucia de Sousa, native of the said parrish and location.
Boyd k