Death Record of Joanna Lucas

52 views
Skip to first unread message

Marco Aurélio Martins

unread,
Aug 23, 2026, 10:51:44 AMAug 23
to Azores Genealogy
Hello everyone.
Can anyone help me transcribe this death record of Joanna Lucas, wife of João Martins Coelho?

Philippe GARNIER

unread,
Aug 23, 2026, 11:08:44 AMAug 23
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marco,

7 dec. 1715, Joana Lucas mulehr de João Martins, de 80 years old. 
Não fez testamentos, seos filhos mandam lhe cem missas e hum officio.

A familia de João Martins (antepassados e 8 filhos, um casado) e de Joanna Lucas is on Vol Aguiar I of 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to azores+un...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/azores/87fa814b-710a-47d6-81e4-37ff833b474cn%40googlegroups.com.

MMartins A.

unread,
Aug 25, 2026, 1:29:32 PMAug 25
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Hello Philippe, thank you for your reply.
I thought there might be some reference to Joanna's parentage in the death record.
I bought your book—the volume covering the "Aguiar I" family—and I also plan to purchase the "Aguiar II" volume.
I am really enjoying your book; it has been very helpful in considering the origins of João de Aguiar and his wife.
They are my 14th-generation ancestors, and João is my earliest ancestor on the paternal (male) line.
I am very interested in discovering João's origins, as I share the Y-DNA that descended from him.

Philippe GARNIER

unread,
Aug 25, 2026, 5:39:46 PMAug 25
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Txs Marcos to your congratulations.

Abs

Philippe

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages